Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

jflores72
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Car Connection via Bluetooth (Mercedes)....

I have the same issue with both a Z10 and a Q10; before the last update had no issues, now I can't connect.

Please use plain text.
iankurt
My Device: Z10

I have a friend on the inside who investigated the issue at Rim.  Told me they know nothing about this issue.  This will be my last Blackberry!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

This was released today:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35735
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
rpd
New Contributor
rpd
My Device: Q10

Not much of a workaround, you have to do this process everytime you turn off the car! I am surprised Blackberry doesn't do better regression testing and that they are willing to let this problem persist for so long when they know the fix. Personally I would not want to have my Benz driving customers mad at me.
Please use plain text.
vbanks
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: 2503273341

Well it looks like someone else is having the same issue!  What a bummer! 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

A fix means it will be included in a future OS update. They send those to the carriers and the carriers decide whether or not to release the update. It might already be fixed and the carriers are just slow to test and release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
rpd
New Contributor
rpd

Interesting, thanks for the update. Also, sorry if it sounded like I was coming down on you personally John. I am frustrated over this issue and I know I'm going to get busted one of these days for distracted driving!
Please use plain text.
acfventures
My Carrier: TMobile

As much as I hate to say it.   Blackberry has fallen from grace.  Yes I too have the problem and can't believe that the solution is to regress.    This will be my last Blackberry.   I am not so sure that Blackberry monitors thier forums well.  As you have surmized that you would think that they would want a likely candidate (Mercedes Owners) to rave and be please with their product.   So everytime I want to use my phone in my Mercedes I have to sync up, which sucks, which also means I can't be productive in my car.   Essentially,  my Blackberry is turning into a weight around my neck vs. a productivity tool that enhances my life and busy lifestyle.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It's good that you posted, negative as you may be. I've been told the OS update being released right now addresses this problem. It is available in many countries already and set for release toward the end of June in the US. You can thank slow US carriers for the delay. However, if you want the update sooner it can be installed manually pretty easily.
Please use plain text.
rpd
New Contributor
rpd

I did the update yesterday.  And it worked! :Clap: I can't believe how good I felt after a silly little thing like having my bluetooth enabled again could make me feel.  Now I can turn off my car at the gas pump again just so I don't have to re-initiate my phone connection.   This will be my last update until I find another guinea pig!

Please use plain text.