Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9780
My Carrier: *

Clearing Email recipients and look up history and look up button placement

[ Edited ]

Hi.

Is there any way of clearing/deleting history/list of names/addresses when composing an email?

For example, typing "aa0" as seen on the image below will bring up a list of names (individual or group) in the options that the user may opt to choose.

The problem here is that if there are any changes to the name on the server (by the way we are using Domino/Traveler), the name on the history will no longer valid thus message won't be received.

A "Clear History" option will be very useful to address the issue of having outdated history of addresses.

We know that this is why "look up" is exactly made for (to search from the server).  The issue with the lookup in Q10 (not sure with other BB10 devices) is that the look up option is at the bottom of the list which users find inconvenient.  This raises also the question how come BB10 does not have "type ahead" feature such as what is in Lotus Notes and Ipad/Iphone that ensures that what is picked up by users comes directly from the server thus no chances of inaccuracy.

One feature that I hope BB will consider in the next version release is to bring the "look up" button to the top for convenience and productivity's sake.

Thank you.

Marvin Manaloto

New Contributor

Re: Clearing Email recipients and look up history and look up button placement

[ Edited ]

New Contributor

Anyone experiencing the same issue?
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

It wouldn't be bad if the list was correct, however I find at least with my predictive list that the names / email addresses it wants to think I use are often wrong, or outdated and oftentimes very simliar to their correct names..  I hate having to think about who i'm emailing, and having to doublecheck that the address I think I'm sending to is indeed the correct one. 

This should be an easy fix.. just remove the feature altogether or have it only poll addresses from the contacts list and stop trying to be too smart about this.

geez.