Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10

Considering a Q10 but...........

I was actually considering getting a Q10 but after reading all the problem posts particularly with syncing Google calendars and contacts and a total lack of solutions by Blackberry I decided against it.  I just don't see very many solutions being offered up from Blackberry support that have actually solved many of these problems.  It's a real shame because I really like the Q10 hardware and I also like many of the features in BB10. Just can't live without reliable syncing services though.  I can see why Blackberry's days seem to be numbered.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: Considering a Q10 but...........

T, You are apparently overlooking an important truism.

What you are reading here are the (often strident) complaints of a few people.

The millions of folks who are happy with the Q10 don't take the time to come here and offset the complaints of a few people.

To so many people, the Q10 is a fabulous phone...probably the best one currently available.

. . . . . Pete
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Re: Considering a Q10 but...........

@treeves01: regardless of millions of folks who are happy with Q10, the issues of this phone are:
- 35 physical keys, yet you'll have to swipe to answer a phonecall;
- no speedial;
- syncing problems (Mac, Google, etc.);
- email client is amateurish (no settings for delete meddages on phone/server, no auto-bcc, no data compression, etc.);
- no real support;
After 3 months of complains (from few strident users), the MR1 release didn't solve at least one of the above problems (most popular ones) and the 10.2 leak proudly introduces the white background and hub icon (???) so, not much to expect. Please get another phone or, if not, please take mine!