Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contact duplicate

marcus_anselm wrote:
I have hundreds of duplicate contacts due to having them both in my local contacts from the original link setup synch and my work contacts through active synch/outlook. I have tried many times to delete all my local contacts which I think would solve it but the clear local contacts option doesn't work. I have tried it many times but all my local contacts are still there. Hence I have duplicates. How do I delete local contacts given this option isn't working? Is very frustrating having duplicates.

You've tried wipe of local contacts by going to Settings > Accounts > three dots icon > Clear local contacts?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
marcus_anselm
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Yes, have tried exactly that many times and all local contacts are still there.
Contributor
marcus_anselm

When I click on the "clear" button for local contacts it takes me back to the menu very quickly, too quickly to make me think it's actually deleting local contacts...wondered if I should reset (not wipe though) and try again...
JSanders

So are all your INTENDED contacts now loaded to the Q10 via an email address sync?

If that is the case, are you ready to wipe the device and start fresh?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
marcus_anselm

My device is synched to my work through active synch. I have duplicate calendar and contacts due to the original set up of the device with link. The calendar is less of a problem as I have selected my work one as default and I never see the local one. The contacts are more annoying as I see duplicates when I use the address book on the phone dialler for example. I'd rather not have to wipe my device as it's all working well other than this. All i'd like to do is to delete/wipe all local contacts (and calendar too if possible - the clear local calendar doesn't work either)
JSanders

Well, that's what I think you'lll need to do since the Clear Contacts won't get it.

Perhaps you could delete your ActiveSync email address from the device for a short while, reboot, try the Clear Contacts again, AND then add back work email account re-sync your contacts.

Knowledge Base Updates
bigben222
My Device: BB Q10 / SQN100-3

Hi,

I have the same issue and have tried multiple time to "clear all contact" also did a battery out several time and to no use. It simply doesnt work. I also in vain deleted the BB link account. We need some real solutions here. The Q10 is filled with bugs but somehow there no solutions to them. I also have close to 3,000 contact +duplicates :smileyhappy: so the delete or link one by one is not an option.

Contributor
marcus_anselm

Ok, so that I am clear on what you are suggesting, can you set out in steps what I should do? If I do end up wiping then using link will just end up transferring all local contacts back as there doesn't seem to be a way with link to select what I restore ie ability to not restore calendar and contacts which is what I did on the 9900. Still, let me know what you are suggesting. Thanks.
JSanders

Ok, marcus_anselm

What data is currently on your device that you must have in a restore?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
marcus_anselm

Definitely everything in the password keeper, and I wonder whether there are any other settings/data that I need that will make life easier - preferences/speed dials etc.

If I wiped my device and then did an active sync, without doing a Link restore, the problem would be fixed as there would be no local calendar and no local contacts. Equally, if it were possible with Link to specify that you didn't want to restore calendar and contacts, it would also work as you could restore everything else.

Is there no way to specify what data you want in a restore/switch device?