Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
mtlanctot
My Device: Q10

Contact list all mixed up - linking contacts with others

I dont know if this is a known issue but lets say im adding a new number Joe

I put it Joe and his phone number like I always did and boom it will put Joe<s phone number under Mike and link them together for some odd reasons.

So for example the other day I received a phone call from Bob but actually it was Mary calling but it showed bob's picture (mary,s phone number but i cant remember all my phone number by heart...)

samething with msg text, it will say Bob texted me while in fact its mary's phone number...

I think you guys get the picture.

Thank you

PS: how can I make FB stop linking my new friends to my contact list? (same for LinkedIn)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Contact list all mixed up - linking contacts with others

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB34577 Caller ID shows incorrect contact information for incoming calls and calls placed from the call log go to a different phone number than intended

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mtlanctot

As for my other question, is there anyway I can make FB stop adding my new friends and linkedin my new connections to my contact book?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

In the options of the Contact List, you can control what appears, as well as if it will "use cloud services" to obtain additional information for your contacts. But most of that is all automatic.

You also have control of what contact list you are looking at...the default is "All", but if you pull from the left, you'll get a selection to choose which contact list you are looking at.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mtlanctot

yea but the thing is some are linked to my FB so if I decide to remove those from my contact, I remove more than half of my contact list
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

This is why I always keep my "master" contact list (and calendar, btw) elsewhere...in Outlook, but OTA synced to my BB10 devices (via Outlook.com). That way, I can clean things up in Outlook if they get wonky, and easily start over.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Champagnekisses

I also find the Contacts on the Q10 extremely annoying. I get a different list when I go thru Contacts vs when I am in the Phone and need to look up a number??? Some people that I know are in my address book, don't show up when I am looking them up in the Phone mode. I assume because of the work/personal separation BS? But I dont see an option to unlock my workspace. Also, In Outlook, there is my work global address list and then I have my personal contacts in Contacts, but now the Q10 sees these all as "work" contacts so I can't see my personal contacts separated from my Personal. How can I separate them? You should be able to indicate whether you want it marked as work or personal.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello,

Champagnekisses wrote:
I also find the Contacts on the Q10 extremely annoying. I get a different list when I go thru Contacts vs when I am in the Phone and need to look up a number??? Some people that I know are in my address book, don't show up when I am looking them up in the Phone mode. I assume because of the work/personal separation BS?

Refer:

• KB33743 Work contacts do not appear in Phone application on the Contacts tab on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Champagnekisses wrote:
But I dont see an option to unlock my workspace.

As you now have learned, this is IT Policy controlled, for which the end user has no access...you must talk to your BES admins if you wish to override this security feature.

Champagnekisses wrote:
Also, In Outlook, there is my work global address list and then I have my personal contacts in Contacts, but now the Q10 sees these all as "work" contacts so I can't see my personal contacts separated from my Personal. How can I separate them? You should be able to indicate whether you want it marked as work or personal.

You should probably work with your BES admins to learn how they wish you to keep the two workspaces separated on your device. They may well have specific things they want their BES-associated users to be doing.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.