Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10 | Bold 9900 | Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK
Accepted Solution

Copy and Paste from email to a new email

Does anyone know how to copy a small section of text from a received email to a new one?

Nothing happens when I press down... the option to copy does not appear.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 (OS 10.3.1.2726)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Copy and Paste from email to a new email

Friend unfortunately you can select a piece of text on the Blackberry 10.

It's very good point because what you say when you want to select only information we have the option of copying and copied completely.

I would like to superiors as the OS Tester, Moderators and Elite members take into account this information, since it is necessary to select information to some extent you want to select the information.

It happens only in email but also when receiving a message PIN or a Blackberry Messenger PIN you can select the information to some extent you want, only have option to copy and copy all, it is not recommended.

Regards.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Veteran I Gutijose14

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

I just tried on my Z10, and I can indeed select a bit of text from the body of an email I've received. It's tricky and with my big fingers I can't always see what I'm doing correctly, but if I hold on an area of text that I want to copy, the two blue start/end selectors will appear, and I can adjust them to select the block of text that I want, and then copy it. Then I can create a new email and paste that into the body of the new email message.

So, all I can recommend is to keep trying...I can attest that on my OS level on a Z10 it indeed works.

Good luck!

PS -- I also tried on my Q10, and it works as well. I can't however test on a current 10.1.x.x OS on the Q10 as I am presently running a 10.2 leak on it. But, at that level, it works as well (easier, actually, than on the Z10).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I have been trying for days now and it just doesn't work... like you said, it works on z10... don't know why it doesn't on a Q10.

Contributor

I found a work around... after trolling through tons of pages on google ....

If you change the font size to 10 or above, copy and pasting becomes easier... not just on emails.

Change your font size
  1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
  2. Tap Settings > Display.
  3. In the Font Size drop-down list, tap the size of font that you want to use.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Ahhhh...excellent find. Indeed, the system that senses where your finger is and, therefore, what to do, indeed would function better with a larger font size since your finger would then cover less of the area.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

[ Edited ]

lets hope there is better fix in the next software update... I don't like having such a large font on the screen LOL

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm using a 9 pt size on my #Q10 and text selection works fine. On OS 10.1 and 10.2 the same. The copy & paste icons will vary with 10.2, but basic touch & hold to select is the same.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

[ Edited ]

It must have been a bug, because I have changed the font back to my original font setting  (size 8)  - both copy and paste are working fine from emails now.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates