Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
maxfindlay
My Device: Q10

Deleting all contacts on the Q10

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but is there a quick way I can delete all the contacts on my Q10? I would then resync with my standalone copy of Outlook via BB Link in the hope of getting one simple clean list of contacts. Thanks.

Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

Re: Deleting all contacts on the Q10

You can delete the local contacts in one go by going to Settings > Accounts > Tap the 3 dots on the bottom right corner. Choose "Clear Local Contacts".

To delete non-local contacts (i.e. all contacts that are tied to an account), delete the account.
Regular Contributor
maxfindlay

That's great, freakinvibe. Thanks

Regular Contributor
yonders

[ Edited ]

How do I delete that account?

And how do I transfer the contacts from that account to the local account before deleting that account?

freakinvibe wrote:
You can delete the local contacts in one go by going to Settings > Accounts > Tap the 3 dots on the bottom right corner. Choose "Clear Local Contacts".

To delete non-local contacts (i.e. all contacts that are tied to an account), delete the account.

Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

Settings > Accounts > Choose Account > Delete
New Contributor
boisveno

Will this delete all the rest of my account info such as my mail history and calendar?  I would want to just delete all the contacts and nothing else.  Going the Settings>Account> clear Local contacts does not seem to do anything at all.

Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

Deleting an Account will delete anything related to this account on the device. What kind of Account do you have (ActiveSync, Cardav etc.)?

New Contributor
boisveno

It's an Enterprise Account.  I support over 200 Blackberries and my users used to sync Public Folders under BES5 but they can't under BES10, even if it looks like they could, because they get an error when mapping to them.  So I am trying to figure out another way of doing it, with a subfolder under their Outlook contacts.  When I tried it I ended up with a bunch of duplicates which I would like to get rid of.  Under BES5 I would go to the contacts>options type in RSET and it would clearout the contacts folder, ready for a clean sync.  It would seem that with BES10 I would have to download a third party app like Contacts X to do that, which, in a enterprise, is not a very good solution.   Deleting the account and losing all their historical data would not be appreciated either.

I tried to do the sync wirelessly but I cleared out my subfolder yesterday at 2PM and my BB still was not completely synced this morning (the folder has 1050 contacts), which is why I am trying to do it via BBLINK.

Any suggestion?

Developer
ondrejandrej
My Device: Dev Alpha + Z10

freakinvibe wrote:

This doesn't do anything at all. I have all my accounts deleted (Settings - Accounts shows Add account wizard), but still have lots of contacts and no SIM card inserted, so they must be local. I have OS 10.2.0.1793.

SQL Terminal – command-line interface to local SQLite database
New Contributor
samisafadi

hello
Thanks for the info, but i have deleted local contacts and all other accounts, the facebook, gmail and yahoo but i still have 175 contacts on my BB Q10.
how can i delete them?