Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
10_de_engineered
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

Dumb and Dumber - Carrier or Rim?

Phone is locking during phone call. I noticed this one right away.

Yesterday I got hit by an even dumber behavior.

The phone locks while on the phone. Whatever… I unlock it by entering my password to access the desired feature. Few seconds later, the call ends while entering data in the feature. BAM – The device locks again.

This stupid thing also locks itself when a call ends. Regardless of the inactivity timer or no matter if you are keying entries or not. Waow!

How to reproduce.

• Device paired with a Bluetooth headset;
  • Answer phone while the device is locked;
  • Unlock the device during the call to access another feature;
  • Call ends… Device locks.

It's a personal BB, not corporate. I don't know if that behavior is Device driven (RIM re-invented) or a server setup chosen by the carrier. Anyone knows?

If the latter, I will happily call the carrier to report.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Dumb and Dumber - Carrier or Rim?

There is a slight chance it's a power problem. Removing the battery, cleaning the contacts on both the BlackBerry and battery with a pencil eraser, and reinstalling the battery might help. When reinstalling the battery you might want to put a paper shim on the top edge of the battery opposite the contacts. If there is any play a sliver of a business card will usually do the trick. It simply helps hold the battery tigher against the contacts. A battery can swell/defore if it gets too warm during use or charging. When it cools it doens't fit as tightly as when new.

If that doesn't sort it I suspect a problem with your operating system. Just a layman's guess, but it sure fits the profile. Are you using a leaked version of BB10?  Updating to a carrier-blessed version of the OS might be necessary. Backup/Wipe/Re-install/Restore. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
10_de_engineered
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

Re: Dumb and Dumber - Carrier or Rim?

Sound like the silver bullet of all BB problems. Are you telling me that you couldn't reproduce what my Q10 is doing?

I thought it was a feature, not an isolated problem.

I always keep it close to a charger since this device has less power autonomy than its predecessors. Comparing to the average Q10 users, I think mine does pretty well because I turned off pretty much all the nice features.

And no I haven't fall yet for a leaked 10.2 OS. Although very tempting.

The device is about a month old, it doesn't overheat or show any kindo of battery issues. So I honestly don't think it is power related.

Please use plain text.