Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

JustAQuestion
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Please tell me that you're going to do an update soon that ends the e-mail madness?

I was so happy to get my new phone, but I can't delete only on devise like we've always been able to.

If I delete on the phone, it deletes off gmail forever, gone...  seriously, this needs to be fixed ASAP or the few of us who are loyal Blackberry fans will go away with everyone else.

Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Re: E-Mail

That function was part of BIS, and BIS is gone with BB10. I expect more and more customization functions to be added as updates are released. I also miss the BB Casual font. It's a small thing, but I liked it. Most of the foibles I can live with and either find workarounds or do without for now. 

For now I file my emails into subfolders from my BlackBerry. Since I have the Hub set not to display files messages they disappear from my handheld but remian in my email accounts. I use my regular subfolders - I'm pretty ocd about keeping everything filed neatly and properly. But you could also create a new subfolder in GMail entitled "Filed from BB" or whatever so you would have everything saved. True, it won't be in your inbox, but at least it won't be deleted. 

I'm starting a new business, I sit on the board of my local lake association, and I have the usual family stuff to keep track of. An organized filing system in my 3 primary email accounts is critical to keeping all these balls in the air. YMMV.