Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Editing texts while you are writing

When typing a text, if you want to go back 3 lines up and change something, it's so much more difficult than with the old BB.  Some big circle shows up and if you're not careful, you'll accidently send the message while trying to fix it.  Is there a better way to edit a text while drafting one?  Am I the only one frustrated by this feature?

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Editing texts while you are writing

It's actually easy and intuituive once you get used to it.

Touch the area you want to edit.

When the big circle appears, to fine tune where the edit should take place, quickly TAP the SIDE of the BIG circle to whcih you want to move ... tap once on the right side to move one space right, same for up one line or whatever..

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Learning to use that circle tool can be a little tricky, BUT it can be done.  For one thing you can get it to move one space in any direction by tapping the circle on the side you want to move.  This works up and down also.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

As with the other BB10 so far, the Z10, there is a learning curve; these are not phones you master right out of the box....they take time for you to become an expert with.

Keep typing and practicing and mix that with some patience and you'll be amazed at what comes of it.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.