Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

digalo
My Device: q10
My Carrier: 6122511605

Email deletion

Is there a way I can delete emails on my Q10 device without having them being deleted in my physical email inbox like you could on the old bold where it gave you the option to only delete on the device? This is very frustrating because it deleted emails from my inbox that were never actually on my device since I just got it yesterday. Any help would;d be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,847
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email deletion

No, sorry, there is not currently.

The new BlackBerrys use ActiveSync technology in which your email on your server is reflected on your Q10, and your Q10 mirrors what's on your email server. Delete from one, and it deletes from the other.

Here's a workaround on how to file messages you want saved.  Email messages deleted from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone are not moved to a Trash or Deleted Items f...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Email deletion

I seen on your profile you have your # in the "My Carrier" selection I would advise to change it you service provider name click on "My Settings" then go to "Personal Information" then scroll down till you see "My Carrier" remove your # .

Take care

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.