Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
Kevin44
My Device: Blackberry q10
My Carrier: bell

Email issues

Hello,

I'm using a q10.

The email of this device is so frustrating to get to work properly. So help is needed.

Issue 1:

Email responses from my clients used to be instant which is a must in my business but now I am waiting over 10 mins to receive a response which they have sent 1 min after the have received my message. Both email accounts are set to sync every 5 mins.

2nd issue:

Emails are sometimes received ALREADY opened with NO audible, LED or vibration notice so important emails from my clients are going unnoticed! This is KILLING my business.

My phone is under Bell mobility and my work emails are under Rogers Internet.

My email program at the business is run under Mozilla Thunderbird.

If these issues can't be remedied, I will be forced to find a new phone for doing business with.
I have always used blackberry because the keyboard is essential but these emails issues are too big to stay with BlackBerry if they can't be fixed.

I can't run my business like this.

Please help

Kevin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Londonalan
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Email issues

At last - someone who feels the same as me.

Kevin - I am in exactly the same position. I have been a Blackberry user for years and was shocked to find that the new Q10 does not support Blackberry Internet Service (BIS), the one thing which sets Blackberry apart from other smartphones. Getting emails is vital to me too and with the loss of BIS there's no motivation to remain loyal to Blackberry.

In addition, I feel the Q10's software is over-engineered. There is no doubt that the hub is a clever thing, but using it can be annoying. On my old Bold, if I saw the red LED blinking, I could touch the home buton and see which of the email accounts had a message (I had all email folders on the Bold's home screen). If it was an important account I could respond immediately, if it was a less-important account I knew I could leave it until later. With the hub, when I see the LED, I have to swipe up to open the phone, swipe right to open the hub and then figure out which account the email was sent to. It may seem like a small thing, but it's just awkward.

So, Blackberry, here's the solution. Allow us to put email inboxes on the home screen. Oh, and bring back BIS. Without BIS I might as well have an iPhone.

Alan.

Please use plain text.