Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
dcampbel
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Email recipient reporting tiny font size.

Since my hardware upgrade to the Q10, one particular email recipient has been reporting that emails she receives from my Q10 have such a tiny font size that she cannot read my emails.  She must select the text and enlarge the font as much as she can, and still the font is small.

This happens with new emails and replies from my Q10.  It does not happen from my desk top PC and did not happen with my 9300.  She is the only recipient reporting the problem.  

Is there a work around?  Has this been reported as a bug?  When we expect a fix?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Email recipient reporting tiny font size.

Hello dcampbel and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your email.

In order to better assist, we need some more information:

• What type of email account are you using (ISP account, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo etc)
  • Is this recipient viewing your email on a computer or smartphone? 
  • Do you have more than one email account? If so, does this same thing happen if you use another account?
  • Are you able to view your sent items on your email program on a computer? If so, do you see the sent email with small text or normal text?

Under Settings>About>Category OS what is your software version?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dcampbel

Hello, thanks for the follow up.

• Im using Microsoft Live Mail through my internet service provider Source Cable
  • Recipient is viewing on a computer using FireFox email client (I need to verify the client)
  • I have 2 email account, personnal and business.  I only have a problem with the personnal account when used throught my Q10,  the Q10 is the common denominator.  The business account I do not use on my BB.
  • Yes, I can see the tiny fonts in replies to my emails.  it doesnt even look like text because it is so small; but if I cut and paste is into notepad....I see what I wrote.
  • software release   10.1.0.4181
  • OS version              10.1.0.4633
  • build                          556195

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dcampbel

REVISION;

The reciptient is using and email client called First Class.

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

Thanks for the info.

If you were to send yourself an email from your Live mail account to your business account and view the email on the computer, is the font tiny?

If you send yourself an email to your Live mail account, does the font appear tiny on your device and on the computer?

Are you viewing the sent item on your Q10 or on the computer?

Is it just this recipient using First Class reporting they are getting the tiny font or are all recipients having the issue?

Do you have another email account you can add to your device, such as a Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail to send an email from to this recipient?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dcampbel

It is just the recipient using the First Class mail client that is seeing the tiny font.  I have never seen the tiny fonts when I sent messages between my Q10 and any of my Live Mail or Outlook mail clients.   I only see the tiny fornts when my email is first read by the recipient and replied back to me.

I set up a new email account on Outlook.com and send a test message, from my Q10, to the recipient reporting the tiny fonts.  She confirmed that the font size looked normal.  She also reconfirmed that an email I had sent her earlier in the morning, from my Q10's native email client, to her contain ilegibly tiny font.

Thank you for your continued focus on the problem.

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

Does this recipient have another email client they can access? It seems like the issue could be with the First Class service as they are the only one reporting this issue.

Let me know if you're able to test with this person in another mail client.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dcampbel

Unfortunately they dont not has access to their organization's email via a differnt email client.  I can however report that since my last post to this thread, a second recipient in the same organization, reported the exact same problem with emails recieved from my Q10.  She had not seen this problem in emails sent from my Blackberry curve.

Please use plain text.
hmthepirate

It could be a limitation by the organizations email service since both issues with the small text are localized to this client.

Perhaps the recipients within the organization should contact their IT Administrator to investigate. Perhaps they could be having issues from other users from other email accounts.

-HMthePirate

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dcampbel

It could be yes.  Thats pretty vague though.  What would I tell them to look at??  I would have no idea.   An what is differnt about my Q10 that my BB 9300 didnt do it?

Please use plain text.