Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
iamShishir
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: Emails, Delete from Handheld only?

I should have checked the forums before ordering mine - would have been saved from the hassles of getting good hardware with messed up core email application.

Super Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

You might try to get your email using POP even though you are on an exchange server. There would be no synchronization of accounts, your Q would just get the emails from the server and put them on your device. You need to make sure and check to leave the messages on the server after poping so that they are available to your computer/account. This way you could delete them from your Q and not the server. The problem is sending, the messages that you send from your Q using POP would not show up on the server and hence not your computer Outlook account. I have not tried this but you have nothing to lose, in theory it should work.

New Contributor
SK11
My Device: Q10

To be honest this is so annoying especially for some of us that are not tech savvy.  First of all, ever since I created my email account on the device. I can nolonger find all messages I had in my email long before the Q10. Everytime I do a search in my email on my computer, all my old message are not there. My emails records on computer start from when I purchased the Q10. I can't find emails of 6 months ago... and like everyone else said there is no record of sent emails..

So annoying this Q10!!

New Contributor
estaley

Please put the "delete from device only" option back in. I am responsible for 12 Blackberry devices and it that option is't there I am going to be tracking emails from now on.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The option is in OS 10.2.1, which has not yet been released.

But I don't understand what that has to do with tracking emails of your 12 users.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
estaley

With that statment I am assuming that none of your users have ever deleted an email that was considered by them to be a matter of "life or death" if they didn't also receive the email on their desktop and then have a printed copy in their files. If that is the case I envy you and will trade you a couple of users for one of you comptent ones.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

estaley, I think I said I don't understand what you're asking, so don't assume anything, other than know that you have not clearly communicated your need.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

Estaley

I do miss that option also but it's coming back so be patient. As for that critical email that you accidently deleted and your life is now ending.....if your email is on Exchange and you did delete it the message will still be in your deleted mail folder on Exchange so life will not end  Just drag it back to your inbox and it'll again be on your Q and your computer. I think you're pounding on the wrong people, we're just BB users and we do this to help w/o pay. If you don't like our efforts just log out and get on with your life. Have a happy Thanksgiving weekend.

New Contributor
Rebekah_H
My Device: Bold 9700

It seems like a lot of the functionality that us BB users came to rely on with previous models has been taken away with the BB10's, and we're being told "it is what it is" - it seems to show an underlying disregard for what the consumers want. By minimizing our needs in this way, BB is going to continue to drive away it's client base as we look for platforms that will provide us with the tools we need.

If a function is found to be lacking and a clear need is expressed among users, than it is my opinion that BB should look for ways to solve the problem and communicate the status of these issues (ie we are working on this and expect to roll out a work around or solution by ... date). This shows us that BB truly values it's clients and wants to work with us to make them the best brand out there. COME ON Blackberry, start putting the users needs first!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Rebekah_H wrote:

It seems like a lot of the functionality that us BB users came to rely on with previous models has been taken away with the BB10's, and we're being told "it is what it is" - it seems to show an underlying disregard for what the consumers want. By minimizing our needs in this way, BB is going to continue to drive away it's client base as we look for platforms that will provide us with the tools we need.

If a function is found to be lacking and a clear need is expressed among users, than it is my opinion that BB should look for ways to solve the problem and communicate the status of these issues (ie we are working on this and expect to roll out a work around or solution by ... date). This shows us that BB truly values it's clients and wants to work with us to make them the best brand out there. COME ON Blackberry, start putting the users needs first!

Hello,

I fear that there may perhaps be some things you are misunderstanding...start here:

You see, those who are saying "it is what it is" are just users like you, but who happen to spend time volunteering here to help out other kind souls. We have no ability to influence any decisions that BlackBerry makes...this site is user-to-user, and hence the "it is what it is" is simply a matter of fact, as far as the charter of this community can delve into.

We also can't have (nor share, if we do have) any information of a forward looking nature...your desire for a date for when things will come about is not something that is open for discussion on this site, as per the Ts and Cs and other governing documents.

I don't think anyone technically disagrees with the sentiments in your post...it's just that there's nothing here, in these user-to-user forums, that can really be done in the specific regard to your specific sentiments.

Good luck!

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates