Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Endless Issues with Q10 - Real Disappointment

Hello,

I don't know if it's pure luck or what..

I went to buy my Q10 in mid July.

2 days into using it (and I mean putting it on the side and barely accessing any applicaton or using the phone), the battery was draining in less than 2 hours.

I went to the shop here in Italy and got a new battery just in case but the issue remained and had to replace the phone with a new device. Please note also that the device was bugged and everytime I tried opening an application, it would close straight away.

Having followed instructions regarding doing 3-4 battery cycles for the new device, everything went fine until I tried to install the new update (received notification to do so).

The update never got installed and the device would get stuck while rebooting at 99% for 24 hours or more until I decide to restart it again and again.

I then stopped trying to install the update, but the device will drain in 5 hours (without even using it for a minute), and will extremely overheat if not in a "cool" room. During this period (was on holiday) I wasn't using the phone and the following can be noticed while trying to access it:

- Swiping up to unlock it is not working at times.

- Applications shut down right after opening them.

- Gmail keeps on disconnecting and asking for password.

- Touch option does not work sometimes.

- Phone application is locked at the settings page, cannot access the keybad or the contacts list.

So to summarize, the phone is simply un-usable and I cannot simply get a new device since I passed the 7 days period while on holidays.

Now that I'm back to work and I need the device, I'm in serious trouble and is really disappointed to have such problems after paying 700 Euros to move from Curve (much much more reliable).

Hope someone can advise on what to do (will go hand over the device to the store).

Thank you.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: Endless Issues with Q10 - Real Disappointment

Sorry to hear about your issues, seems there is a problem with the device you have, were you doing the OS update via WIFI or mobile network? Not very sure where you bought it and if it was a reputable shop but I believe through your carrier you can be able to get BlackBerry to swop your device for a completely new one since its under warranty.

New Contributor

I updated it over Wifi.

The same day a friend of mine installed the update on her white Q10 and all went fine.

I hope that a device change is still possible outside the 7 day return window (still under warranty though). I bought it from Saturn, one of the most reputable shops accross Europe.

thank you for the feedback

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you do not exchange it, I would recommend an OS upgrade to at least OS 10.1.0.4633 or higher.

If you need help with that, please say so.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

im running 10.1.0.2309

as explained.. when i tried installing the update, the phone will get stuck while rebooting at 99% for 24 hours and more and the update will fail.. that's when the problems started all over again.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try this:

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code