Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
rshelton111
My Device: Q10

Re: External memory

Tell the phone to format the card.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rshelton111 wrote:

Yes it will take both.  I have a 64GB SDXC card in my Q10 and it works great.  

Now, if someone will come up with an app that allows us to run apps from the SD card that would be great.  They are available for other operating systems why not for the 10?

running apps from an SD card is slower than main memory. I have not hit my limit yet on installing apps and have several of them that are 1 gig in size.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
URBANINDO

I only see the details of the device storage.. but when I inserted the card, I saw a notification that my device saw the SD card.

I have the feeling that my Q10 don't see the SD card at all.

What can I do now, so that my Q10 will see the SD card?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

Did you format the card after you inserted it in the device????  You MUST do that in order to read the entire 64GB of the card.  Please read above and follow the instructions I posted in this thread.

Formatting the card on the PC will NOT work for the 64GB cards.  You MUST do it directly from the Q10 using the instructions I posted above. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rshelton111

Correct.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rshelton111

So what if it is slower?  It gives you the option to run whichever ones you want in either memory section.  Obviously, the ones you need to run faster you leave on the phone.

For ANYONE to believe that these phones have enough memory for all of the apps we use has had way too much Kool-Aid.  It is foolishness to have the ability to use a 64GB SDXC card and use it only for storage and not usage.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
URBANINDO

When it was new I putted directly in my Q10, I only saw "Mediacard placed" .. but I can't find it if I scroll down and go to settings--> storage and exces .. there I only see details device storage. No mediacard storage.

Also I tried going to Whatsapp and go to Media settings, to see if there is the option of: save media on mediacard. But the option was off, I can't select anything. So that's a sign my device doesn't see the card.

So first thing is that my device has to find the mediacard, how can I do that?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
URBANINDO

What do you want to say? My own language: Dutch is a lot easier for me:smileytongue: My English is quite good but some sentences are more difficult to understand, for me. 

Did you try to say: if a 64GB card is slower with data then my 4GB (that I use now) why should I put the 64GB inside?

And only use is it for storage, is there an other possibility to use it for then? Apps can't be saved on a mediacard I tought

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Either the card is effective or its been formatted to a file system the device can't read. Is the option to format the card available? If not try reformatting on your PC again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
URBANINDO

Where should that option (to fromat the card) be on the device?

Please use plain text.