Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
garciapowell
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: MTS
Accepted Solution

Fading letters

I have a couple months old Q10 device.  In two of the applications that I have used  (text messages and gmal) l have noticed that the letters on the extreme right side of screen are somewhat faded.  I was wondering if this is something norma.  I hadn't noticed this with my old Torch device.  Any ideas?  

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: Fading letters

That is by all means not normal. It sound like the LCD display is defective or damaged. if you have dropped it, the LCD has been damaged. if not, do you have warranty? If so, you should have the phone replaced by warranty. if not , you will have no choice but to bring the phone to a BlackBerry repair center or change the screen yourself. Please respond back letting me know if you have warranty or not. 

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

This is NORMAL. In your list of emails or texts, you will see this on the very right to indicate that there is more text (which you don't see).

On other phones, this is done by putting ... (3 dots) at the end. On the Blackberry, they are using fading text. There is no setting to change this.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

I thought the poster ment the led was disoriented, since it keeps getting worse, I could see if the issue did not get worse, but the issue is getting worse so it probably is the lcd.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

I should clarify something, if the fading is only in 2 apps, it is the normal, as the BlackBerry is trying to tell you there is more text. If in one part of the screen all the time it is the lcd.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garciapowell
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: MTS

Thank you for your help. I do still have warranty so I may have it checked out. It is possible that this is a normal occurrence indicating that the message is longer.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't even bother getting it checked out. The reply from @freakinvibe about there being nothing wrong was correct.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.