Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
eric_vader
My Device: BB bold 9780

First Week on Q10, some feedback

I would say that the new OS 10.2 is good effort by RIM to improve the Blackberry experience. However, there are some major problems that I faced that I was frustrated with.

1. Contacts application: The contacts application is poorly designed.

• Groups: My contacts are organized in groups and when I restored the data from a Blackberry Backup(from a OS 7 device). MY CONTACTS mysteriously lost all the Category information(without informing me at all). THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. Now my contacts do not have any categories. I sync with Outlook and now all my outlook contacts are missing the category information.
  • Display: In the OS 7, I could customize how the contacts are displayed, but in OS 10.2 there seems to be only 1 way to display the names. I would like the names to be displayed with Salutation. (Perhaps someone knows where?)
  • Birthday Dates: There is a bug somewhere in the import process. All my contacts have duplicate Birthdays. THIS IS VERY ANNOYING. IE. Eric Han Birthday 2 Aug 1992 and 3 Aug 1992. I believe this is some Bug with some time zone thing somewhere in the import process.Like all my contacts have the actual day and one day less.

2. Message application: Very bad lag when creating new message especially those that I have not texted for some time. I understand that the phone will try to retrieve the previous messages and stuff like that, but the lag is too long and is unacceptable. 

It is rumored that the 10.2.1 will fix the problems with groups and messages. I hope that is true. Any workarounds for now?

Please use plain text.