Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
christophergeorgec
My Device: Blackberry q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

General Issues with BB10 - Q10

I have been using the Blackberry Q10 for 3 days and these are the issues that are currently bugging me:

1) Hub Management - The items that are included in the main view of the hub are automatically changing. I have turned emails and linkedin off, which do remain off. However, when I view the hub management from time to time BBM, Facebook or Twitter will have turned themselves off.  I haven't turned them off accidentally just to clarify. 

2) Email - I would like the email section of the hub to automatically open the inbox folder. However, since I turned off 'show filed messages' in settings it appears it is effectively now showing only inbox emails. 

3) Alarm - As far as I can tell there is no multiple alarm feature, meaning the alarm settings have to be changed each time.

4) Text Messaging - When I compose a text message and start to type in the recipients name, Facebook, Linkedin etc contacts appear even if only an email address is known. I will only ever want to contact my own phone contacts with known mobile numbers via text. If I wanted to contact people in other applications I would access that application via it's section in the hub.

5) Contacts - For some reason I have multiple contacts with the same number twice, one starting with 07... and the other starting +44. I think this may have something to do with importing sim contacts. However, when a contact does have these two numbers it is impossible to delete one. There are also times when the contact list in the phone application doesn't reflect the contact list in the contacts application. Yet when I start to type in the missing contact in the phone application it then appears. 

If anyone can offer any explanation to the issues above it would be greatly appreciated. In general I am enjoying using the phone and hopefully some of these things will be ironed out. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: General Issues with BB10 - Q10

1. I don't know why yours are changing. Why are you turning off emails in the Hub? How else do you intend to view your emails?

2. Then turn ON in your Hub, ONLY the email accounts you wish to see. Turn off all others. Perhaps they will quit changing on you, per your #1.

3. Yep. Hopefully that ability is coming. Many of us want that.

4. Yep, understood. That's the way it works.

5. Most likely you have some duplicated contacts between your address book, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. and IF you open one of those contacts, at the bottom of the screen you will [Links] and there you can link your duplicate contacts so that they only appears

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christophergeorgec

Thank you for your reply.

1 & 2. I receive many spam emails, which would clog up the main section of the Blackberry Hub. Therefore, I prefer them to go direct to the separate email section within the hub. It is a mystery why Facebook & Twitter continue to turn themselves off though.

5. I think I have figured this out. I have linked contacts so only one contact actually appears. However, if there phone number is on Facebook as well being in my phonebook, the number will show up twice! Annoying.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leewales18
My Device: Q10

I have the same problem as described in 1) Hub Management in the first post.

I have four email accounts. Three of these keep being switched off automatically. The same thing keeps happening sporadically to BBM. My social applications are switched off and remain off.

So to see the emails in the hub I have to go to hub management and switch them on manually. But then they switch themselves off again - hopefully a glitch that can be fixed?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

leewales18, is this still happening for you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leewales18
My Device: Q10

Sorry, should have posted an update. This has been solved for me here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-Hub-Management/m-p/2343621/highlight/true#...  and here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q10-f272/ghost-my-hub-settings-802722/#post8470707

Seems to be an over-sensitivity in the hub management screen. Solved by following instructions at those links. Once I have set accounts on, as long as I don't touch them to scroll, they stay on.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Ok yes, you need to touch the screen in different area when scrolling in the hub setup or it will disable the view .

Glad you got it solved.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Downlands
My Carrier: O2

Item 1 on your list I and quite a few other people on forums are having this problem.settings,hub management change slider controls to on. Then on return some sliders return to off. Bbq10 Sqn100-3
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chauhdrywaqasahmad
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain

[ Edited ]

hi brother,
hope you'll be fine. i just want to know that thoroughly how is BB Q10, basically i am BB User. and i love it. i cant use any other phone. so please can you tell me hows BB Q10 Overall ? and can i have your email id? or how to contact you? my email is
[personal information removed]
Thanks & Regards,
Chauhdry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vishald28
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Would definatly need multiple alarm on bb10
Please use plain text.