Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Glitches that I found quite frustrating on the Q10

Let me preface this whole thing by saying this: 

I have always loved Blackberry. The interface they've created, throughout the years, have always been in my comfort zone and the way everything was organized worked well with my brain and lifestyle. I took a 2 year break and used an iPhone (4s and 5) during that time. With all its well-integrated and user-friendly glory, I was never fully "at home" with it. Obviously, my excitement was at its highest when I found out there was going to be a Blackberry Q10, with a physical keyboard AND a touchscreen. I've been waiting for this phone, for a while. I hope some of these problems can be fixed with the next system update.

NUMBER 1 (And most disappointing) - Emails are not sent/received unless I am off the Wifi connection. Why? I've read that a lot of people are having this problem as well.

NUMBER 2 - Contacts -> At first, I was able to add contacts without any problems or glitches. When I closed the app and returned to it a second time, the 'add contacts' button could not be activated. I tried to open the settings and help buttons and they were not working as well. A beat later the whole thing just froze and I had to close the application completely.

NUMBER 3 - Music -> I added only 5 songs to try the sound quality and how the music app looks. Music could not play. I can see the album art work and the length of each song. Just can't play.

NUMBER 4 - YouTube -> The YouTube app worked for a good 10 seconds. Then, no videos were able to load either on or off wifi connection. 

NUMBER 5 - Clock -> Again, after I opened it for the second time to set the alarm, it had a hard time working. This app seemed to refuse to play the tones or open settings. 

So far, the apps would work after a phone restart, stop working after a little while, another restart will help it start working again. It cannot and should not be the phone, it is very very new. It cannot be me because I am not, in anyway, technologically challenged, quite the opposite. It cannot be my internet connection because I have a MacBook Pro, an iPad 3, an iTouch, a Windows desktop and my old iPhones working properly with the wifi connection (this does not include the other devices that the rest of the household has and I know that nobody has had any problems). 

If anyone has ideas of how I can fix this problem (besides restarting the phone) until the next software update, please let me know. If anyone else is having the same problems, please let me know of that as well.