Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Du

Global Name Display

I bought yesterday the Q10, previously i was using Bold 9700.

I like to have all Contacts being displayed as Last,First.  This was available on the Bold under Languages->Global Name Display.  I cant find this option on the Q10.

Anyone can help on this please.

Kind regards,

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Global Name Display

Press the Contacts icon on your homescreen then swipe down from the top and select Settings. Choose Show Contacts By Last Name and you'll be set.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I did this, but my contacts are still displayed First,Last, even if the sorting is done Last,First.

The option given is Sort Contacts by........ but not Show Contacts.

Am i missing something here?

Kind regards,

Elite II

Hmm....I just tried it and it puts the last name in front of the first name but keeps it under the letter starting the first name. Very strange.

I'm afraid this is a mystery to me. :smileysad:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I suppose this could brought to RIM's attention and hopefully they can fix it in the next software update.

Any ideas how we could let RIM know about this problem?

Regards again.

Elite II

BlackBerry goes through these forums. Any idea that's proposed here is seen by the company or is flagged by a senior member.

Cheers. :smileyhappy: