Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
Londonalan
My Carrier: EE

Goodbye Blackberry

It's with massive regret that I have finally given up on Blackberry.

Today, after numerous other software problems, my Q10 stopped connecting to the mobile network completely. Further investigation by my network and even a visit to the Blackberry stand in a local store could not fix it.

So Blackberry, after 8 years with you I am leaving. I know I could go back to my Bold, but the last month with my Q10 and the lack of response from the company has left me feeling so disappointed.

Blackberry is no longer the company I thought it was.

A.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Goodbye Blackberry

Londonalan wrote:

It's with massive regret that I have finally given up on Blackberry.

Today, after numerous other software problems, my Q10 stopped connecting to the mobile network completely. Further investigation by my network and even a visit to the Blackberry stand in a local store could not fix it.

So Blackberry, after 8 years with you I am leaving. I know I could go back to my Bold, but the last month with my Q10 and the lack of response from the company has left me feeling so disappointed.

Blackberry is no longer the company I thought it was.

A.

Good day

Sorry to hear that happening but if your Q10 was unable to connect to the network would that be on your carrier? I'm just saying I could be wrong.  Any other issues you had with your Q10? 

Also when you say lack of response you know this forum isn't ran by BlackBerry employee's right? 

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Londonalan
My Carrier: EE

Hi -

No, it's not the carrier. I visited the carrier's shop today and the phone was fully tested with a new SIM card.

The other problems were numerous - it took my email accounts off line once a day meaning I had to re-enter my passwords. The phone frequently locked-up (unable to use any keys) which required a battery-pull every 3 days or so.

So I regret to say that the problems lie solely with this product. I just wanted the phone to work. No worries now though as I'll be on an iPhone in the morning.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrise
My Carrier: O2, Vodafone

Hi Londonalan,

I have a Q10 also, been using it heavily for the past 2 months. I have my work's Exchange ActiveSync, Hotmail, Yahoo accounts set-up. I also frequently use the RSS Savvy, Browser, Music, Weather, and Facebook apps. Last week I updated it OS to 10.1.0.4181. The only times I've ever had a problem is with my Yahoo account - it asks for the password every few weeks for some reason, and with my work account which turned out to be my mailbox permissions on the server.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your phone, but the iPhone is so different to use (for business I presume, going by your other posts?) I'm surprised at the choice of replacement. Why not get the 9790 or 9900?

Regards

Chris
Please use plain text.