Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

michelleross
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MTN

Group Contacts in contacts

I recently got the new Q10 and it wont allow me to create a GROUP Contact in my Contacts...  I can create a Group in Whatsapp and BBM but I need one in my Actual contacts....  Anyone know how??

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Group Contacts in contacts

Hey michelleross,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Creating groups in contacts is currently not available in BlackBerry 10.  There is no estimated time when this feature will be back.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
michelleross
My Carrier: MTN

Thanks so much for coming back to me..

Seems silly that they took this function away :No: Hope its not long before there's a software update to accommodate this :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Atomic220s
My Carrier: ATT

Just got the Q10, really excited to have it - at first... cannot believe that you can't group contacts for texting. Every other BBY I had was beyond excellent! I will return the Q10 and move to Android if this BASIC feature is not in the works... is it?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I agree that removing groups from contacts was a big mistake. I'm guessing that because BB10 was a ground-up rewrite they just didn't have time to put it in before rushing BB10 to market. BlackBerry was in some tough financial straights at the time and was desperate to get the new product out the door. 

They made a big deal about groups in BBM though. Looks like they're really pushing the BBM app, and it might make more sense once they have it for iOS and Android. Two years ago I left BlackBerry for the iPhone. I just came back about a month ago and my BBM contact list shrunk from about 20 to 2. Looks like I wasn't alone in moving away from BlackBerry. 

BB10 remains a work in progress. The BB10.2 update promises to restore some of the funcitons we enjoyed in BB7.

Please use plain text.
georgefekry
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Rim

Dears BB developpers,

i bought a Q 10  and i am very disappointed, as:

1- can't make group contact in my contacts, how it was supported in the old devices and not supported in the new one ?????? please fix as it is a must for the  BB users.

2- as well, the " auto on and off" it was supported in the old devices and not this one, why? will you add it?

the above is a must to be into your consideration.

your reply is highly appreciated.

thank you.

Please use plain text.