Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: China Mobile
Accepted Solution

Half of my music files are not showing up in the media player

I have a Q10 and have quite a bit of music on it recently. The trouble is, that only 3-6 random songs show up in each album. If I use the file manager, i can see them there and the phone can play the files via that route however they do not show in the media player even under a search. I have...

tried re-tagging the media files,

erasing the tags in the media files.

I have done a battery pull,

I have done a reset,

I have taken out the sd card,

cleared the sd card

and i have tried different version of the media such as mp3, wma, wav...

and the same thing keeps re-occurring. I used a media re-tagging program and did each album all the same under same tags, same album art and everything so i find it odd that some songs from the album show up and other do not. Any help on this would great appreciated.

I am adding the files to my SD card via mass storage copy and paste.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Half of my music files are not showing up in the media player

Have you tried with everything in the device, press and hold the power button at the top. do not let go until screen goes blank.
Developer

And also, what is the Operating system that your BlackBerry Q10 is running?
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for your message. Yes i have tried to hold down the button on the top until the screen goes blank. I have also tried to hold down both the volume keys for a hard shut down. my operating system is blackberry 10.2.1.2977
Developer

Hey

Thats the latest OS...

Could i ask if you could copy them into the phone memory from the PC instead to the card to see if the issue replicates itself?
New Contributor

Well, not sure why I didn't think of that myself haha.. so.. as you suggested, I drop the files directly onto the phone and no problem at all. so.. I am hoping its not an issue with the phone reading the card. Im going to try a different micro sd and see if it still does the same thing. I will also double check the formating to make sure it is correct for the phone (FAT 32 right?) and get back and post the results. Thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Developer

Hi

It might be the cache.

For memory cards 32GB or less, yes, it is FAT32
If your memory card size is 64 or 128GB, it is exFAT.

If you like, try copying all your files out, (Not copying BlackBerry system files such as the .crypt files) format the card and copy it back. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Well, update. So the formating this time seems to have worked for the media files and all are showing up properly. But... now i seem to be facing the issue of having haunting ghost like files. the files are not on the sd card and have been deleted via the format yet, my q10 still seems to be seeing them.. odd. Will keep it at and see what I can find. this new issue already has a thread here but does not seem to be solved..

the other thread on this new dilema

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/BB10-Music-Player-showing-files-that-dont-exis...

Developer

q10dan wrote:

Well, update. So the formating this time seems to have worked for the media files and all are showing up properly. But... now i seem to be facing the issue of having haunting ghost like files. the files are not on the sd card and have been deleted via the format yet, my q10 still seems to be seeing them.. odd. Will keep it at and see what I can find. this new issue already has a thread here but does not seem to be solved..

the other thread on this new dilema

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/BB10-Music-Player-showing-files-that-dont-exis...

Try deleting the .crypt files out of the phone and put the card back

New Contributor

sorry for yet another post/ question...( and thanks for all your help) I have been trying to locate the .crypt files on the phone and not having any luck. could you possibly point me in the right direction?