Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: etisalat

Have Forgotten BB id password and security question! what shall I do?

I dont remember my bb id password and security question. I have spent hours to find it out. Its not working, without security answer its not reseting the password. PLZ HELP! thanks.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Have Forgotten BB id password and security question! what shall I do?

bbQten wrote:

".......without security answer its not reseting the password."

That's part of the security of a BlackBerry. You need to know either your password or your security question. Without either, you'll have to start over with a new BB ID and you'll lose any personal data associated with the old one.

I wish you luck in remembering your security question.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

wow!! such Help!!! HOW shall i start with a new BB ID. I dont care about the old data

New Contributor

IF THERE is NOO way to get it done, I HAVE TO THROW THIS PHONE TO BIN!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

So, because you failed to write down the password and security question/answers it is BlackBerry's fault for providing a secure platform for your BBID and your personal data? Also, you're getting angry with user volunteers who choose to spend a few minutes each day helping other users. This is not official BlackBerry Support.

I suppose you'd have to throw the phone into the bin if security was too easy and someone hacked your data too. You can't have it both ways.

You can create a new BBID by going to www.bbid.com and creating a new one. You'll have to use a new email address if you don't have the original email you received when you set up the first one. That email contained a link to verify (which if you verified would preclude the need for answering the security question) and also contains a link to delete the BBID.

In order to use the new BBID on your device you will need to wipe the device. On the Q10 you will not be able to restore any backup made under the old BBID so you will lose any data on the phone, as well.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks For your time. but it shouldnt be also this hard for the user! its 2 days I'm without phone! I just can call! 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I guess it would be easier if I could just log into your BBID and make the changes for you. And then use your BBID, steal your contacts, harvest your email address, etc. I'm thinking that wouldn't be a very good option, though.

This is a username/password world we live in. You need to organize your passwords. BlackBerry provides an app called Password Keeper and there are many 3rd party apps that do the same with varying features and options. I would be lost without my Password Keeper. PK even has an option to store security questions and answers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

HOw can I delete my OLD ID??

Guru II

You can't without the password unless you still have the original email that was sent to you when you first set up the BBID. If you don't have it just create a new BBID with a new email address.
New Contributor

I still have that. what is the next step after i delete the old one? how to make the new one work?