Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
5wed1sh
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: O2

How do I successfully set up my BT POP3 email account???

I have recently change from a BB Bold 9900 to the Q10.  Having spent many hours trying to set up my email I am now starting to despair.  When I first set it up I did get a connection and a number of emails loaded from the server.  The following day though, the connection was broken. I could get it to work by re-entering the password, but only for a short while. 

Now I cannot get it to work at all. I have followed various advice found on BT and other websites but with no luck.

Just now I started afresh, entering all servers etc exactly as the Outlook settings on my computer.  The error message I get says 'The server pop.outlook.com for your account (...) is not responding. Please check your settings and try again.'

The settings I am using are:

Incoming: pop.outlook.com

Port: 995

Use SSL - On

Outgoing:smtp.outlook.com

Port: 587

SMTP Encryption: Start TLS

Any help would be gratefully received - I am getting desperate!

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How do I successfully set up my BT POP3 email account???

[ Edited ]

It may be your provider not forwarding on the requests, have you looked at this...

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
5wed1sh
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: O2

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is not going to help, I'm afraid.  The problem is my email is provided by BT, my mobile carrier is O2.  All I want is to be able to recieve and send emails on my Q10, just as I was on my Bold9900. Think I will have to go back to the Bold ...

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Sad to hear that, I know it's no consolation but I'm sure it's possible with a little tweaking of the settings.

Last ditch attempt to help, if you turn off your network and try to access over WiFi does that make any difference?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.