Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
sat0169
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

How long Q10 LED notification light keep flashing ?

My Q10 LED notification light will begin flashing when a Call , E-mail or any comes in, but after a about 15 minutes it stops flashing. My previous is 9700, its LED keep flashing until you read or checked at the notification. Because this helpfull when we wait for important e-mail or event you can E-mail come in after you leave your phone for a while. I have tried tap the top button for 30 second, I think it not the way and not work for me. So I am wondering, how long is the LED supposed to keep flashing on the Q10? and is this normal ?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: How long Q10 LED notification light keep flashing ?

The LED on all BB devices has always timed out after about 15 minutes or so. I had the 9700 and it timed out for me, as well, so I'm not sure why you say it was any different on the 9700.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

To add to John_Clark's correct answer, it's about 15 minutes or until you click your Notifications Bar (OS 7 and earlier) or look at your Hub (BB10).  You don't have to open the actual message, as soon as you peek at one of those two areas, the blinking light will cease until a new message comes in.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sat0169
My Device: Q10

Its a feature that frustrated me when I moved to BlackBerry. My old dumbphone would blink for a missed call forever (until I acknowledged the miss) and I really wish RIM OS gave to blink forever on missed calls without having to use some 3rd party LED app.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaymoskowitz
My Device: Blackberry 8700, Q10

I find this as a MAJOR issue. I have moved from an ancient Blackberry 8700c which had the BEST keyboard of any BB as far as I am concerned. I have burned through 12 of these devices over the year as the old trackwheels would eventually give out. But I loved the each of use of the keyboard which was larger than all the new devices. If there were any Emails outstanding, the device would keep blinking to let me know. If the phone is sitting on a desk and I walk away and come back an hour later, I would know that there are messages to look at. Now with the Q10 I need to physically open the hub to check.

The Alert LED should be a programmable option to have it set if the hub needs to be checked and not just time out as it does today. I would rather charge the device more often because the battery is being used to blink the LED, than have the device appear as if there is nothing outstanding to check. If I missed a text, Email, or call, I want to quickly know it an hour later, not have the device remain quiet.

This is a step backwards to me. It is like the old days of getting a voice mail message and not having voice mail indicators on the phone. You would have to call into your voice mail system several times a day only to find there was either no messages pending or an important message arrived 4 hours earlier and you didn't know it. This is why voice mail indicators were finally added to mobile phones. Users need to know there is something potentially important outstanding on their device. Without a blinking LED indication you don't know it without checking in on the hub. I don't want to keep checking the hub to see if I might have missed a message. I am finding this lack of a blinking LED a big issue.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Read my post above. I have had a BB since the 7290 (had, the 7100t, the 8700, the 8100, and on and on) and ALL of them had LED's that timed out after 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure where this is all coming from. Nothing has changed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaymoskowitz
My Device: Blackberry 8700, Q10

I have used my 8700 for 7 years and up until two weeks ago when I moved to the Q10. This is not how the 8700 worked. The 8700's LED did not time out after 15 minutes.

Please use plain text.
albertogechele
My Device: q10

hi All,

do you know if BB is plannin to release a fix for this issue?

i really would like to have the blinking led for as long as i have not read the message (email, text ecc)

thank you for a reply

A

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It works the same way in the upcoming software update so there are no plans that I'm aware of.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JackTang
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Hi all,

Some of you guys are correct about the led notification of previous devices. It will keep flashing until we read the messages and see the missed calls. This new software is completely ridiculous. Rim should fix this mess.
Please use plain text.