Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry q10
My Carrier: Aze

How long does Q10 keep call history?

I have been using bb9700 for more than 3 years and very much like all its features. Recently I have switched to q10. In bb9700 call history is kept for very long time. Moreover, calls from one contact is always grouped and you see only last call is seen in the list, but still can see all calls iby going to details. Can anyone say is the same applied to q10. As far as I noticed every call is shown in call list and call made later than one month are not stored. To. Be frankly it is not very nice for business phone. And with 16 gb memory all the calls could be kept.
Contributor

Re: How long does Q10 keep call history?

Does anyone form Blackberry read these messages? I am very upset with Blackberry customer service, especially taking into account that new phone is not as useful as old ones.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm not sure for how long your call history is kept but to answer your second question, BlackBerry employees stop by here occasionally but don't offer support as much as just check in. This is a peer-to-peer support channel meaning that most answers come from other users. If your issue is not being addressed to your satisfaction, your cell carrier is your official support link. If they can't resolve your issue, you can have it escalated to BlackBerry for resolution at no cost to you.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

My carrier could not answer the question. So how can I apply to Blackberry at no cost? Please advise.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

The call log will be kept for 30 days. Currently there is not setting to change this.
Contributor

it is a pity. Call log length is very important for business phone. I cannot undersanrd why Blackbery made Q10 worse from this point of view. Why they removed a number of very useful features which are used on old phones? It looks that company could not master the competition with Apple and Android phones. Many things we liked BB for are not on new devices anymore.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

My problem is that my call log/ history is non existant.

My new Q10 doesn't keep any record of incoming or outgoing.

WHY!!?? This is an essential tool.

Am I missing something or is BB?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

You can get the call log on BB 10 by going to the hub, then tapping the button on the bottom right that has an envelope on top of a conversation bubble, and selecting calls.

It also baffles me that it's impossible to have the call log be kept for longer than a month on BlackBerry 10 :-o
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

My call log shows data of only 3 day. It is annoying. The previous BlackBerry phone had much smarter call log than this on. And still BlackBerry is doing nothing about it.
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: idea

hi,

100% correct blackberry just ignore his best features from old OS. OS 10 don’t have many features which we use to old blackberry on other hand Android and Iphone using these features. 

auto on/off is also missing in new blackberry. i am also having call log issue i don't understand what blackberry's problem if i want to keep my all call logs until my full space is consumed. 

they are planning to finsih themslef.