Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
mcahmedy
My Device: HTC Sensation XL
Accepted Solution

How to copyi all phone contacts to SIM card

Hello, I'm using this really bad network on my blackberry and it's really hard getting any good data service off it. As you'd imagine I wanna change to a better network. I was hoping I could copy all my contacts (they're less than 150) onto the sim memory before changing SIM cards, any ideas how it's done on a blackberry q10 device?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How to copyi all phone contacts to SIM card

Hello,

Using the SIM as a method of contact list saving is not a good idea IMHO. The BB contact list is robust (multiple phone numbers per person) where the SIM address book is weak (one name and one number only). So, even if you accomplished it, you'd wind up with a mess -- John Smith on your BB has 3 phone numbers...once you use the SIM, he has 3 completely separate entries, one for each of those 3 numbers. Not good.

So, the question comes, what is your actual desire here? Do you wish to migrate your contact data to a different device? Is that other device a BB or something else? Do you have your contacts "in the cloud", so that you can use that as the medium for transfer? Do you have your BB synchronizing with Outlook via LINK? If so, then that could be your method.

More questions than answers, I fear...so we await your reply.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
mcahmedy

Hello, I am aware of the other several ways to achieve this, however, the phone I wish to switch to is a basic nokia device (which doesn't have all the features mentioned) The only way to get my contact list transferred is by the SIM. My only concern at the moment is the SIM itself, because it was cut into a micro sim and thus may not work on other devices.
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There's not a good way to do this. Period. 

Let me suggest that you delve deeper into any method which the Nokia can import those contacts. Even most "dumbphones" can do that. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Further, most "dumbphones" use a full size SIM where the Q10 uses a micro SIM. Since you cut your SIM down to fit into your Q10, it is highly unlikely that it will work in your Nokia. Hence, this as well will render the process you suggest moot...if the SIM won't work in the Nokia, then there is no point in doing all the work to put your contacts onto that SIM.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
mcahmedy

Hi,
Sir, I'd like to know how to copy contacts to a SIM memory on a Q10, that's all.
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The only possbile way is one by one.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
clie610
My Device: Q10, Z10

if you mean you want to copy phone contacts in your Q10 to the sim card, you can do this:

- go to contacts

- swipe down from the top and select settings
- scroll down and there will be option to copy your contacts to sim card

as far as I know your sim card only have capacity to store 250 numbers, I might be wrong because it's been a loong time ago when I did this.