Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
dthilk
My Device: Blackberry Q10

How to lock number keys??

I am asking this question again......I have disabled the screen gesture to turn the phone on. But if I hit a number button (whle its in my pocket), the screen goes on.....and I eventually butt dial someone.

Does anybody know how to lock the numbers so they dont turn on the phone. I like the only way to turn the phone off and on is with the button on top.

If I could solve this problem and my texting problem, I might start to like this phone.

Thanks fo any help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: How to lock number keys??

Why not add a password?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

Good day

Try these steps here

Lock your screen

By locking the screen, you can help prevent your BlackBerry device from sending accidental messages or pocket dialing. Locking your device doesn't disable alerts for incoming calls or messages.

Press the Power/Lock key on the top of your device.

This illustration shows the Power/Lock key on the top of the device.

I normally have my BlackBerry password protected here is the info on how to set it up read below

Lock your device with a password

Looking for a simple way to help protect your BlackBerry device data and prevent unauthorized use of your device? You can set a password so that you can lock your device when it's in open view or not in use.

1. If you don't have a password yet, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap  Settings >Security and Privacy > Device Password. Set the Device Password switch to On. Enter a password.
  2. To lock your device, do one of the following:
    • Press and hold the Power/Lock key on the top of your device. Tap Lock.
    • To automatically lock your device after a certain amount of time, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap  Settings > Security and Privacy > Device Password > Lock Device After Screen Lock.
    • To automatically lock your device when it's in a BlackBerry case, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap  Settings > Security and Privacy > Device Password > Lock Device When Holstered.

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dthilk

I don't want a password. That is just one more step I have to take to turn my phone on. I think when the phone is turned off....The numbers keys should be off as well. It doesn't make sense

But thanks for the idea.

Blackberry should come with an option to lock the number keys.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Why don't you follow my first suggestion above that may still help you from pocket dialling?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dthilk

I did lock the screen, I turn my phone off and on with the button on top.But even when its off, if you hit one of the numbers on the keyboard the screen come back on.

Please use plain text.