Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: etisalat

How to reset security password counter?

Hi,

I've set the "Device password" through the settings.

Now since the Q10 is giving intermittent issues (yes, I've joined the "club" of Q10 keyboard complainants !!) with the keys, the Q10 shows "2/10 wrong attempts" ............. something like that .....

Is there a way to reset this counter?

Regards

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to reset security password counter?

Hello,

Yes, there is a way...only one way...by successfully entering the required password. There is no other way.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: etisalat

Not good enough reply sdgardne.

The counter won't be counting in the first place if you type the correct password. And I am typing the correct one. It is the keyboard issue that makes me wrong.

So, in short, I don't want to know how to keep the counter "happy" at zero. I want to know how to reset the wrong counts it has already counted. And that's precisely what I asked.

If there's no way to reset this, then, i'd close the case right here.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hmmm....perhaps we are not understanding each other. Regardless of the cause of the inaccuracy, accuracy is required in order to reset the counter...there is no other way. You may be typing what you believe to be the correct characters, but what is being received by the device is, for some reason, not those correct characters...and, therefore, inaccurate as far as this purpose is.

You might attempt rebooting your device to see if that can reset the keyboard and perhaps then be able to get it to properly process the keys you press into the correct characters. (Note that this will not reset the password attempts...there remains only one way to reset that counter).

Sorry that my earlier reply wasn't "good enough" for you.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code