Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
binovicch
My Device: Q10

Hub Issues

Hi Team,

I just got myself a Q10 running 10.1.

My current settings

- I have 2 emails – A (work email) and B (personal Yahoo email)

- Under Settings > Accounts, the email account has been set as follows:

A – Sync Interval: Manual

B – Sync Interval: 30 minutes

- In Blackberry Hub Settings > Hub Management, A is ‘Off’ and B is ‘On’

Issue 1

1. Currently is the Hub’s main view, A does not appear – which is how I want it.
  2. But when I click the 3 vertical dots at the side and click Refresh, the Hub Menu will refresh both A and B. And it will show the number of unread emails for A as well in the Hub Menu.
  3. Is there a way to stop A from being refreshed and pulling the emails? Because after working hours, I don’t want to see my work emails.

Issue 2

1. Currently A is set to manual sync interval.
  2. But it is still pulling emails from time to time; even when I don’t click refresh.
  3. I have tried restarting the Hub (using the 5 strokes of the screen), restarting the device and pulling out the battery – still facing the same problem.
  4. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Suggestion

For issue 1, if a solution is not available, I would suggest that under Hub Management, there’s an option to exclude accounts from being refreshed (as in my case – I don’t want to see work emails after office hours). Or the other option would be to have an app like BBM for email accounts – then I can exclude them from Hub and open it manually.

Appreciate any help.

New Contributor
binovicch

Re: Hub Issues

Any Blackberry support team members in this forum? Please help.

Basically,

1. How to exclude an individual email account from being refreshed in the hub.

2. Although email account is set to manual sync, messages are still appearing in the hub, when the phone is not touched.

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hey binovicch,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

The refresh option in the Hub refreshes all accounts, the option to refresh an individual account is currently not available.

Toaddressyoursecondquestion, doyouhavePushturnedoff? Turning Push offshouldallowyoutosynchronizemanually:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings and select Accounts.

2. Select the account you want to modify.

3. Select Advanced and set Push to Off.

4. Set Sync Interval to Manual.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
binovicch

Hi HB,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Hope it's in the plan for the upcoming updates.

2. As per my 1st post, I've set the account to Manual sync. And with that, Push is also turned off. But I'm still receiving messages from that email account. Btw, its an Micosoft Exchange ActiveSync account.

Thanks.

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hi binovicch,

If Push is turned off and and the Sync interval is set to Manual then no email should be received unless the Hub has been refreshed.
To determine the root cause device logs would need to be reviewed, we would request that you contact your wireless service provider to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical support for further trouble shooting.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
binovicch

Hi Hatchback,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my Push is turned off, Synce is set to Manual and the Hub is not refreshed - still receiving emails.

Instead of sending it to the wireless service provider (which will require me to leave the phone with them for a week or so - I can't afford that), can you guide me to extract the device logs?

I can download the necessary SDK and do the necessary, with your guidance.

Can you please forward the following comments to your product team.

The Q10 has an excellent keyboard - no doubt about it. But teething issues like what I'm facing now is frustrating. And it doesn't help that its the most expensive phone I bought to-date - it's not working like one. And the hugely popularised Hub is not working properly. I understand that BB10 is kind of a version 1 of the product; but still. Thorsten promised a product with the highest quality with no compromise on quality. This can't be it.

Thanks.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Just to clarify Hatchback's reply, you're to contact (via phone) your carrier to have your issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical Support, you're not taking your phone to your carrier for repair.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
binovicch

Thanks BillJ.

So just to update you on what happened.

First, I called my service provider – I told them that I requested help via this forum and was advised to get the device log reviewed by Blackberry’s technical team on the issue.

They told me that they are not sure about this and they asked me to go to the retail centre.

So, I went there and the service provider’s technician told me that they think push can’t be turned off.

Fortunately, there were some Blackberry personnel there – we checked with them, they didn’t know either.

Then, one of the Blackberry personnel contacted his boss, and the boss said the same – push can’t be turned off.

So I asked what’s the point of having that option in the Accounts settings, if it’s not going to work; they couldn’t answer.

At the end they asked me to remove that account from Hub if I don’t want to receive emails and open my work email through the browser instead.

Sigh ……..