Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Hub deleting old Messages (E-Mails, Whats app)

Hello Everyone,

i have a problem with my hub.

This morning i checked my emails and every email before this day (00h00) was a blank row. I could read emails which came today but my old ones were lost. At first i thought my hub isn't working well. 

So i refreshed the hub but nothing changed, then i rebootet my q10 and then every email before today was deleted.

I looked into my email programm on my computer and they were gone too.

It already happend to me once two weeks ago but i thought it was my mistake by deleting a few mails at once?

I have 2 email accounts synced with imap (googlemail and one from my personal domain) and they are gone everywhere… 

I would be so thannkfull for a piece of help.

I also have to excuse my English because i am from germany.

Peter

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Hub deleting old Messages (E-Mails, Whats app)

[ Edited ]

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The only possible reason we could see this occuring is as a result of the Delete Prior function being used. If this is the case you will not be able to restore these emails.

Please view the following article regarding this feature to avoid this from occuring in the future: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/05/how-to-mark-prior-read-or-delete-prior-using-a-blackberry-q10...

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: +

I just had the same problem today.  All my emails in both my email accounts are gone on the BBQ10 and all my computers at work.  There is nothing they can do.  It is a software issue that BB is working on from what I have been told for the last 6 hrs.  

Michele

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: q10

was having this problem too, including my text messsges and phone logs were gone to nowhere.... in your gmail account maybe you find copied your Mails in another folder thaat made gmail by itself.
i really hate this problem and i hate that blackberry isnt interested in our pronlems.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: +

Exactly, I lost all texts and phone logs also. BlackBerry doesn't care and has no idea what happened.
Did it happen more than once to you?
Contributor
My Carrier: q10

One time happend that only sms were gone and few days later everything. Then i was fed up and sent it back to shop.
New Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

my q10  using os 10.2.0.049 just dekted all emails, texts, phone logs from BOTH hub and server.

do we know why/ how?