Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
alexwheatley
My Device: Q10

IMAP not working after 10.2 OS release

I have 3 email accounts on my Q10 all with different providers set up using IMAP and SMTP. Everything worked fine through OS 10 and 10.1. It stopped worked yesterday when I installed 10.2 yesterday. I can now no longer receive emails, but I can still send. If I change the settings to SMTP then I can receive but I can't sync with Outlook.

I have deletid the account and tried to add it, but it will only work with SMTP with SSL turned off.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix this

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: IMAP not working after 10.2 OS release

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I can only report that I have multiple IMAP accounts (all GMail) configured to my Z10 with 10.2, so I'm not sure why it's not working in your case. You've not stated who the actual email service provider is, so it's difficult to guess any further to help you.

You might try the Email Account Validation Tool to ensure you are using the proper settings:

• KB33444 How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
alexwheatley

Hi,

Thanks for the response and help.

I have 3 accounts, IMAP accounts, one is virgin.net and the other 2 are my company emails which are hosted. All were working perfectly happily on 10.0 and 10.1. I am using the same settings on MS Outlook and that is still working happily.

I have tried the email account validation tool you suggested. The virgin.net address did not create the imap server name imap.virginmedia.com (which Virgin advise to use and works on Outlook), but rather gave me imap.googlemail.com. I tried using this and got the error

[ALERT] IMAP access to your domain is not allowed from this IP (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx).Please contact your domain administrator for questions about this feature. (Failure)

The other 2 email accounts give me the correct server name but give me the error

Connection refused

I've just created a gmail.com account to test that and I get the following error, so I can't really check anything using this application

[ALERT] Please log in via your web browser: http://support.google.com/mail/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=78754 (Failure)

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...very strange indeed. All I can suggest is that you work with your email system admins along with your mobile service provider to see if there is a way to determine if/how to configure this under 10.2. If there indeed is something in 10.2 that has caused this, then you definitely need to work with your mobile service provider for formal support and escalation to BlackBerry so that they can officially look into the matter.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
eglauser

Same problem here. Q10 just upgraded to 10.2 and my IMAP email (provided by my workplace) has stopped working. No set of port settings will work. I have run Email Account Validation Tool and all possible port settings fail with the same message 

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

My IMAP email continues uninterrupted on my laptop, iPhone. Problem seems entirely isolated to Q10 and 10.2 upgrade.

Any ideas ? 

Ed

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

eglauser wrote:

Any ideas ? 

Given you have the same problem, there are no ideas I can think of beyond what is already posted in this thread.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
alexwheatley

Hi,

After several lengthly conversations with T-Mobile (UK) who couldn't duplicate the problem - I gave them access to a test email address and it worked fine for them - I have managed to get them to send the phone off for repair. They tried to pass the buck to Blackberry, but after pointing out that my contract was with them, the phone was supplied by them and the upgrade was from their servers, they agreed to take responsibilty. I'm not sure if you 'Sales of Goods Act' and 'Fit for Purpose'  law in U.S. but you must have something similar.

To be fair to T-Mobile, once I got  past their first line of defence and through to their technical department they were extremely helpful.

Unforunately, If the phone comes back fixed I won't know what the problem was to advise you, and if they can't fix it, I'll be getting a new one.

If I do find out, I will let you know. 2-4 weeks wait time though!

New Contributor
eglauser

Thank you. I'll pursue with Blackberry and report back to the thead if I make any progress.

E

New Contributor
eglauser

alexwheatley wrote:

Hi,

After several lengthly conversations with T-Mobile (UK) who couldn't duplicate the problem - I gave them access to a test email address and it worked fine for them - I have managed to get them to send the phone off for repair. They tried to pass the buck to Blackberry, but after pointing out that my contract was with them, the phone was supplied by them and the upgrade was from their servers, they agreed to take responsibilty. I'm not sure if you 'Sales of Goods Act' and 'Fit for Purpose'  law in U.S. but you must have something similar.

To be fair to T-Mobile, once I got  past their first line of defence and through to their technical department they were extremely helpful.

Unforunately, If the phone comes back fixed I won't know what the problem was to advise you, and if they can't fix it, I'll be getting a new one.

If I do find out, I will let you know. 2-4 weeks wait time though!

Thanks Alex, I'll pursue with Vodafone too. Ed

New Contributor
masteruser
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hello, 

I have exact the same problem, then it is descriped above from alexwheatley.

I habe updated my Z10 vom 10 to 10.2.0.4.2.4. Since then my IMPA Email does not work any more.

Following interessing information I found out:

* It is important to say, that this IMAP Account was working perfectly with OS 10.0.

* Send Email from my IMAP Account is still working. Receiving Emails or synchronication of my Inbox is NOT working any more.

* In the Menue overview "Settings" - "Accounts" I can see the IMAP Email account. Below it is shown there "No Connection" 

* If I open my email account to edit something, the following text is written in  red letters: "For this Account it is likely, that an unexpected Problem occurs. It is possible that some functions are not working correctly."

Note: I'm using OS 10 with german languange. So the above translation might be not exalcty what the Englisch OS is saying.

The original german text was: "Bei <Kontoname> ist möglicherweise ein unerwartetes Problem aufgetreten. Möglicherweise funktionieren einige Funktionen nicht ordnungsmäßig"

* I habe a second Email Account (HOTMAIL) which is still working good. Even my Calender synch is working good there.

So dear BB Support, what can I do?