Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900
Accepted Solution

Incoming calls display number only - not name

I have the new Q10 and I accept that there will be bugs and issues with all new devices.

However, i have a very annoying issue that I was hoping someone could assist with.

As I get calls, they sometimes show up as numbers only, not the actual Name of the contacts.

It appears that this only occurs with local numbers (not international callers from abroad), and not all the time.

The numbers are listed properly within the contacts, and this has not been an issue with previous blackberries (i have had all of them seince the first one)

I have unistalled all the junk (Facebook, Tweeter and other social networking programs)

The contacts are stored in Outlook on my computer.

I am using a normal corporate server based email system (no gmail, hotmail, or such) using a standard POP3 incoming sever.

The email function seems to be working fine.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Incoming calls display number only - not name

Hey Imgeuk,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you have the country code listed in any of your contacts?  Also what version of BlackBerry 10 software are you currently using?  This can be found by going to settings>about.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: fido

[ Edited ]

i am also having this issue with my q 10. call display only shows the number incoming and not the contact. ive tried to sync through outlook and also through gmail. my software is 10.1.0.238. anybody else also having this issue? I noticed there is a forum going on this at crackberry.com as well with no resolution. seems to be a q10 glitch.

also I would love to see the keypress speed dial work from the homescreen like in the 9900 and all previous blackberry models

anyone have a solution for this yet??

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

I'm having the same problem and it seems inconsistent, ie sometimes numbers with country code and sometimes without. Whatever the cause I had the same numbers and names in my Torch contacts and never had an issues.

Trusted Contributor

Software Release: 10.1.0.238

yes, all contacts are entered properly with full international numbers including country codes as +xx xxx...

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Touch (Lebanon)

I have the same problem and a friend with a Q10 is also complaining about this. It is very very frustrating! Same software number as everyone. And some contacts have 00 then the country code, others + then the country code, others just the country code and finally some just have the number (local, for direct calls). Yet they all don't give me a name in the call log. Somehow the phone log doesn't seem to match or recognize the contacts. Will we get a software update to fix this glitch??
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: fido

[ Edited ]

ok so i have found a way around this. its not perfect but it works. the issue seems to be with duplicate numbers in the phonebook. like if the phone number incoming is linked to more than one contact. hopefully blackberry recognizes this and fixes it.

what i did was create a gmail email account, then sync my contacts to it. theres an option in gmail to find and merge duplicate contacts. it will remove the duplicates for you. then u can go into your contacts and remove any numbers who are linked to more than one contact. 

it worked for me.

please fix this blackberry

let me know if this works for anybody else

Trusted Contributor

Well, thank you for trying.

However, that is not a solution:

- No interest in having or using a gmail account

- Even if so, there would be thousands of numbers to manually edit - not possible

- There will always be contacts with the same number - all emplaoyees at the same company will have the same main number for instance.

Sorry, but that is not a viable solution.

This is something BBY needs to fix.

It has been working for about 15 years - no reason they should not be able to fix it now.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Through support, Blackberry has acknowledged this as an issue on the Q10 and Z10 and is fixed in the next release of 10.1x.  Hopefully to be released soon.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you