If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Spooky216
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Instant Messaging

Has anyone found a client to enable use of Aol Instant Messaging (AIM) on the Q10.

I have hit an impasse.

I have contacted BB who suggested I contact Aol, who in turn just say it is not "available on this device".

On my previous Bolds following the discontinuation of Aol for Blackberry last September, I used BeejiveIM which works a treat. 

I have attempted to contact Beejive directly but have received no response to my enquiries why it is not available on the Q10.

So it may be that it is just not going to happen on the Q10, so I keep my Bold with me for AIM via Beejive but can only use it if wifi is available. Not always the case when travelling.

I just wondered if anyone on here may have found a way of using Beejive or AIM on the Q10 or have any suggestions.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Instant Messaging

It pretty much is what it is.  If it's not available in BlackBerry World yet, then it's just not available and there would be no workaround.  I know it's tough to sit and wait but it's really up to the app developer to get it to market; if they're not on the ball, it's not going to happen.  The only answers you would get would come directly from the developer of such apps.  Contacting them again to tell them there's a need for the app is the only thing you can do.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.