Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Issue about 10.1 Sync with google contacts

[ Edited ]

here's the situation:
i bought my Q10 came with OS238, when i set google account up with IMAP, all the email, calendar, and contacts would sync ONCE, which means i got all my contacts from google on my Q10. however, when i add or modify any contact on google, it would never sync again to push to my Q10, vice versa. it only syncs ONCE.
I though it would be an ROM issue, then i upgrade Q10 to OS273, and restore it from the OS238 backup, ah wow, exactly same with OS238, it syncs ONCE, and nothing to happen any more no matter you do any changes or adding, it just nothing to happen, seems it is dead out of google.
Notice: all the setting is following the tips and correct.
but here's the interesting thing:
1. here's the good thing: all my google mails' push is normal, i could receive them quickly, that's called "real push!"
2. and this is worse: my google calendar will not push, but however i could refresh them in calendar app manually, well, we call it "fetch."
3. worst!!! you just cannot get any google contacts update from anywhere, the phone just sync ONCE then you don't ever dream to sync again! what we call this? bull**bleep**!

i don't think it was Google's problem, some others get 2 ways sync with their google accounts normally, but somehow some others including me do not. i searched in CB forum and BB website's forum, not only I have this critical issue. I don't understand is it your BB's strategy to "save the world" by release such a buggy OS to public? do you forget how you died during these years? is that your engineers' working attitude to what they are working on? i have nothing to do with it, it all depends on you, blackberry company. please understand that i've been so critical is because i have lots of love and expectation on you, blackberry company.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Issue about 10.1 Sync with google contacts

Hey tashin,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Can I have you go into Settings> Select Accounts> Select the Gmail Account> Select Advanced> What is the Server address, Port, Sync Interval and Sync timeframe set to?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Can I have you go into Settings> Select Accounts> Select the Gmail Account> Select Advanced> What is the Server address, Port, Sync Interval and Sync timeframe set to?

Server address: google.com (contacts)

IMAP Server address: imap.google.com

port: 993

Synv interval: Manual

timeframe: 30days

I'm for sure that everything is set up correctly

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same issue, and my settings appear to be the same as Mr. Tashin - with the contacts Server address as "google.com" just as Tashin.  Has there been any progress resolving this?  What is the issue?

Thanks,

fraser

[Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

New Contributor

Re: Issue about 10.1 Sync with Google contacts

Hello all,

I have spent the weekend playing with my Q10 and GMail contacts.  My integration with GMail email and calendar are both working perfectly.  Contacts, however, continues to misbehave.  My GMail contacts on my Q10 seemed to populate perfectly, however update i make on the Q10 are not (reliably) reflected in the Google contacts.  In fact i've now seen two contacts that I edited (notes filed) on the Q10 disappear on Google.  I have seen updates occur in both directions, however I've also seen them fail. 

I am not using any 3rd party plugins or other tools for sync - i simply added my google account via the Account Setup interface on the Q10.  As I mentioned, for email and calendar it's gone perfectly. 

I'd be interested if anyone has had similar experiences, with thoughts on how to debug this. 

Thanks,

fraser

New Contributor
My Device: Q5

Since carddav doesn't work with my owncloud setup I thought about using Google contacts until this issue is fixed. However, it is not even possible from my Q5 OS 10.1 to use google just for contacts sync. I don't use Gmail and do not plan to.
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9780

Re: Issue about 10.1 Sync with Google contacts

HI Fraser,

I have just started with my new Q10 and have the same problem...Contacts not syncing completely...some appear to be doing so. Did you find a solution to your problem?