Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

MeaganLC
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Latest Q10 Update

Last night I ran the newest Q10 update, since the update finished I have not been able to send or receive any texts. It hasn't affected any of my other services (I still get e-mail, facebook notifications, WhatsApp messages and BBMs) so I know it's not a problem with my service provider. Every time I go into my text messages no matter what contact I pick to try to send a message to it always brings up the same contact, and after I type in a message it the send button just doesn't light up as an option. I've had a few people try to send me texts but they don't come through. Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Latest Q10 Update

First thing to do is turn your Q10 off and pull the battery for a minute. You're not supposed to need to pull the battery anymore but I'd do it just to ensure the device has completely powered down. Then re-insert the battery and restart like normal. 

If that doesn't sort it out, open the Hub, hit the three dots to bring up Settings > Text Messages > go to Advanced (the two slider bar icons at the bottom middle of the screen) and check your Service Center Address. Bell can give you the proper number that should be there. The other settings should be:

Send Text-Only Messages as: SMS

Retries: 3

Please use plain text.