Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
atepper
My Device: Blackberry Q10 - SQN100-3 (RFN81UW)

Linking Contacts

I bought the Q10 yesterday, and after spending a number of hours playing with its features, there is one issue that I cannot resolve (apart from the fact that Skype barely works at all, and crashes frequently).

That is, linking contacts.

Linking contacts is a great feature, however when I am linking contacts with Skype, it frequently and incorrectly overwrites a contact's name with something from Skype.

For example, I may have:

First Name: John
Last Name: Smith

And on Skype, that contact may be called "Company Name - John Smith"

When I link these contacts, I get something like:

First Name: Company Name
Middle Name: John
Last Name: Smith

I then go to manually edit and correct this, yet my changes are simply not saved.  Ocassionally in the Edit screen the Last Name field is missing completely and there is no way to bring it back.  Going to "Add Field -> Name fields" and Last Name is not even an option.

Furthermore, synchronising with Outlook is a black box, and I'm not sure if it works properly at all.  Previously, when I sync'd a Blackberry Bold, it would show me how many changes/additions/deletes there were from each device.  Where is this with Blackberry 10?

Developer
maarko
My Device: Q10 v10.2.0.424

Re: Linking Contacts

"Furthermore, synchronising with Outlook is a black box, and I'm not sure if it works properly at all. Previously, when I sync'd a Blackberry Bold, it would show me how many changes/additions/deletes there were from each device. Where is this with Blackberry 10?"

yep, the same with gmail contact sync. you never know have it worked or not....