Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
marysmarys
My Device: 9630
Accepted Solution

Local sync for calendar and contacts, not Enterprise, not wireless

I am just a home user who does not want my calendar or contacts in anyone's 'cloud.'  As I understand it right now, there is no local sync, wired or wireless, between one's computer and one's Q10.  Is that correct?  If so,

1- when they finally get done 'working on it,' it will be just a software update not involving any new hardware, right? and

2- in the interim, if we cannot 'sync' in the manner that it has been done in the past, is there a way to periodically transfer updated calendar and contact information with the data link option provided, as one would do with photos etc?

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Local sync for calendar and contacts, not Enterprise, not wireless

Hello marysmarys,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding synchronization functionality using BlackBerry Link.

With the release of BlackBerry Link 1.1.1 for Windows, a new feature has been added that allows you to synchronize your local Microsoft Outlook contacts and\or calendar data between your computer and a BlackBerry 10 device running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1 or later.

The following article will provide you with more information on the BlackBerry Link synchronization: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/06/how-to-setup-contacts-calendar-sync-using-blackberry-link-1-1...

Let us know if you have any questions!

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
marysmarys
My Device: 9630

Thank you.  I was coming to that conclusion and just needed a little reassurance from those of you 'in the know.'  I have used a BB for a long time because I like that kind of control, and I don't feel that my contacts and calendar need to be in anyone's 'cloud.'

Razord
My Device: Q10

Fozzie, I have a question. My wife and I both bought new Q10's and like them very much, but have been unable to get our calendars to upload to our home systems. I use outlook 07, she uses the last version of Entourage. and we have much stored calendar information on our phones. We have no problem with contacts, media, really anything else, but we cannot get all our calendar info to sync up to my PC or her Mac. Would you offer us any assistance or a link to a possible solution?