Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rim

Re: Losing faith in my Q10

No, its still the best phone. Once your problem is solved you will feel it again

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

I finally had a chance to do the auto loader. I followed all steps but disnt wipe device. I did get the start up messahes and such but noticed my email was still intact.

Should I wipe phn just to be on safe side? Aftwr wiping it do I just connect to computer to get my files restored?
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Beta76 wrote:
I finally had a chance to do the auto loader. I followed all steps but disnt wipe device. I did get the start up messahes and such but noticed my email was still intact.

Then you didn't run the autoloader file, if it didn't wipe and you didn't have to setup the Q10 as a new device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Sorry late typing...wasn't clear. here's what I did and what happened:

Launched Auto loader onto phone
Setup phone like it was brand new (everything gone: apps, email, etc.)
Didn't wipe Phone (do I still need to?)
Noticed new OS version 10.2.1.3253 Software 10.2.1.2976
Contacts were still there (I thought they should have been erase?)
Did I miss anything?

Beta76 wrote:

Didn't wipe Phone (do I still need to?)  No, the autoloader process wipes the device
Noticed new OS version 10.2.1.3253 Software 10.2.1.2976
Contacts were still there (I thought they should have been erase?)  Odd, but if your contacts are on your SIM card, the SIM card remains stable and does not wipe, or if your contacts are linked to sync with an email account such as a yahoo, outlook, or gmail account, they will sync back after setting up your email account
Did I miss anything? I don't think so.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

JSanders thank you 1000 times over for your patience and help. I really want and need to stay w the Q10 as I too think it's the best BlackBerry to date and you have helped me to do that.

I will keep u posted on how the phone operates after the 72hr. Wonky phase.

Thanks again...now I see why you are the resident expert! :-) cheers!

You're welcome... post back when you need to.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

GM BlackBerry family. So it's to my dismay that I'm here to report that my Q10 is still acting up...

It worked well for a week or two after doing that OS thing but has recently started giving static, doing the odd alien noises during calls, dropping calls, not letting calls thru, delayed email reception, dbl txt msgs and the list goes on.

I need my BlackBerry but this isn't working and I've gon thru several in a year. Any suggestions on how well the Z10 or Z30 work? While I don't want touch screen I would rather go to a BlackBerry touch than leave the company all together.

I also can't afford to buy a new phone outright HELP!

Loyal BlackBerry user and busy gal who needs her BB!

Hey again.

Have you tried swapping out your SIM card with Koodo for a new one? I've seen that help users with connection issues.

And, if it doesn't... I highly recommend the Z30. I promise after two weeks of using the virtual keyboard, you'll love it. It is SO forgiving and easy.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I bought a new Koodo SIM as one of the suggested solutions and it didn't help :-(

I was really looking into the Z30 but Koodo doesn't carry it (they only have the Q5) so I'm at a loss. I won't leave koodo as I have a great plan (it's old and basically unlimited everything) and my daughter's phone is connected to my plan. So my options w them are to get another brand (refuse to post the name lol) or buy a Z30 outright.

I heard great things about the Z30 and am willing to try it. I wish I could get a loyalty assistance for the time I spent with this phone...it's a great phone (convinced others to get it) but it just doesn't seem to like me... :-(