Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

akandco
My Device: blackberry Q10

Music Album Art and Blackberry Link Issues

I have been using blackberry for ages and have never had an issue with the media sync, it normally has worked properly. i had the z10 when it came out and syncing my music via blackberry link had worked well also, music album art showed up on my device. However, since getting my blackberry Q10 this has all changed.

1) I use a macbook pro

2) I have the most up to date version of bb link

3) I use a 16gb memory card 

In the past two weeks since i have got the Q10, i have never once been able to get my music album art unto the the device, i have formatted the memory card over 10 times, i even went as far as doing a security wipe of the device itself. i have also gone into the file manager settings and and cleared the music folders, no joy!!

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS!!! I used to love my music on blackberry especially with my album art which showed on the Z10 so why isn't it showing on the q10. i don't have the z10 anymore to check. 

Futhermore now when i try to sync music on the bb link some song are not even being transferred unto the device as if it just randomly selects the music it puts on the device.

murkbork
My Device: q10

Re: Music Album Art and Blackberry Link Issues

Well, finally someone in the same boat as me. I use a Pc with windows 7. I previously had a Z10, switched to a Q10, with the same issues on both phones. Sometimes the artwork would show up, often adding a new song would corrupt all the artwork. I've even retagged all my mp3's, by wiping the metadata and reinserting the tags. No luck. I've formatted my phone, memory card, everything.
Ironically, the same memory card inserted into my old Bold 9900 and 9700 work fine, displaying all the artwork correctly.

I have spent hours, maybe even DAYS trying to fix this horrible problem. Someone help us!!!

I should add that now all of my albums are in individual folders, completely correctly named, with the latest ID3 tags. Even bypassing BlackBerry Link, and just using USB mass storage mode doesn't change things.