Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
iaofz
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AIS
Accepted Solution

Need help for the settings of email account on Q10.

I used to have Bold9900 and possible to set the different "Username" and "E-mail".

Both will be in the form of email, so the receipients will see my sender name as the email on "Username" field and cannot see my actual mail. (Provided by loxinfo as @cscoms.com)

However, once the device was swtiched to the new Q10. It is no longer possible to do so.

I have to use the same information on both fields.

Is there anyway that I can check the settings on Q10?

Note: It is still also working the same way as in Bold9900 on the iPad.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Need help for the settings of email account on Q10.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm not sure, from your description, exactly what you are looking for. "Username" and "E-mail"? Are you perhaps looking for the ability to enter a "reply-to" email address that is different from the actual email address of the account you are sending from? If so, that feature is indeed not presently available in BB10. Among other features, it may be one that many hope are added to the BB10 platform with future OS releases. But, for now, it is what it is.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iaofz
My Carrier: AIS

It is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much for your answer, and also sorry for the confusion of description.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joesparrow
My Carrier: EE

Hi - maybe I've misread your request but does this solve it? - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-tips-how-faq-f295/guide-setting-up-email-alias-bb10-820767/

However, this may not work if you have the latest update of the BB10 OS:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/GMail-OS-updated-to-10-1-0-4181-Email-doesn-t-...

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.