Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

jay2k_11
My Device: Q10

OS 7 TO BB10 CALENDAR RESTORE / SYNC ISSUE!

[ Edited ]

I have an issue transferring data from my BOLD 9790 to Blackberry Q10.  All data gets backed up and restored without any error.  Only issue I have is my CALENDAR ENTRIES!  I have about 3500+ entries that go far back to 2010, and some entries that I have set a series (recurring) for in which it has an end date for...now have no end date and is going forever in the BB10 calendar.  So I basically have entries that have started in May 2010 which is still continuing to May 2013.

I have tried the following:

1. Used Blackberry Link to backup my Bold 9790...and then used Blackberry Link to restore the data to my Q10

2. Used SD card method of backing up data from the Bold 9790...and then putting the SD card into the Q10 to do a device switch.

3. Used the old Blackberry Desktop manager backed up the data, then used Blackberry Link to read the backup file and restore

4. Used Blackberry Protect from Bold 9790 to back up data, and then used Blackberry Protect from Q10 to restore

I have tried just about everything I can think of and its a little frustrating as I live by my BB Calendar.  I've had no issues in the past from restoring my 3500+ calendar entries from Torch 9800 to Bold 9790.  There seems to be some sort of error when the files get read in the new BB10 OS.

Does anyone know if there maybe any other solution to this?

Will Blackberry have a fix for this in the next update possibly?

I live by my Blackberry calendar and i'm sure most do as well.  For a simple backup such as this to a product that is within the company, and to have an issue like this is a little concerning.  I really like my new Q10 and I hope this calendar issue doesn't prevent me from returning it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ejaguiar
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: OS 7 TO BB10 CALENDAR RESTORE / SYNC ISSUE!

I had issues restoring contacts with Windows 8, try to restore on a windows  7 machine, and also try to restore using a machine with Microsoft Outlook.

You could try to use Google Calendar / Google Sync in hopes to restore.. just an idea

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/issue-calendars-recurring-events-52633...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey jay2k_11,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Have you tried importing these calendar appointments from Microsoft Outlook? If not, I would suggest following the steps in this blog article: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-link-import-outlook/

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Crafter
My Device: Bold 9900

I am having the same issue. I do not have outlook on my windows 7 computer. How can I fix this? I have tried a device switch twice & had to restore my phone both times because of calendar problems.
Please use plain text.