Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

OS update 10.1.0.4181 - No longer have mobile network connections

I'm having issues after I tried updating my BB Q10 to 10.1.0.4181. I received a notification indicating that there is a device software update so I did a backup of my Q10 with Blackberry Link before the update. When I did the update, I did not unplug my phone from the power source, it restarted and was stuck on the blackberry logo for a couple of hours. I tried turning it off and it wouldn't so I did a battery pull. Unfortunately, I didn't know that you shouldn't do this on BB10. I don't know if this is the cause of the problem, but now I cannot connect to the mobile network. When I go to the network connections, it won't let me turn it on. According to my phone settings, I still have the old version of the software, so the update didn't even take. Please, can somebody (in layman's terms) tell me what I should do? I would prefer not losing everything on my phone and I know the Blackberry Link backups can be sketchy. Would it be better to go to a Bell store and have them take a look at it or should I try restoring the backup, resetting my phone? I don't know my best option and I also will need a bit of hand-holding if possible to tell me how to reset my phone if this is the case. Thanks for your help.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: OS update 10.1.0.4181 - No longer have mobile network connections

I figured it out. I would suggest to anybody that they do not do the update over the air, but rather connect to Blackberry Link on your laptop and load the update through there. I redid the update through Blackberry Link and now my phone is back to normal.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Glo Nigeria

I have the same problem,i did the update 10.1.0.4181 after then i lost mobile network connections,i can neither make calls or receive calls on my Q10 phone. I also keep getting this message 'The APN information cabt be verified check your APN settings and try again,if problem persist contact your service provider'. But my service provider said the APN setting is correct. Any help on how to resolve this problem?  I had also done a security wipe but it did not resolve the problem. Quick help needed.

New Contributor

The problem has been solved. I have to download the blackberry link to my computer then reloaded my device to the factory setting while it was connected to the computer and now installed the 10.1.0.4181 software throught the computer as well. My phone is functioning well now. Thanks all.

My Carrier: XL

i also experienced the same way. i download it over the air and after it complete, the booting stuck in 100% in an hours and i unplug the battery. still can't booting. and then i remove the memorycard, fortunately booting problem is solved. but after i can use my BB normally there is some issues. i cant make or received any call.

and also BB OS version is not upgraded. still stuck in the old one. any help? 

i also tried using BB link and experienced the same issues :smileysad:

New Contributor

@anthony ,download the blackberry link to a computer,the open the blackberry link icon,connect you device to it,click on reload to factory setting. It will set your device to factory setting and also install the lastest software,this will solve the problem,i also had the same issues of not been able to make or receive calls.