Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

katemaus
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Old bb (Bold 9700) is toast - how to "restore" contacts etc. from existing desktop software?

I just upgraded to a Q10 as I accidentally dropped my Bold 9700 in the tub.  I wasn't too upset as I had recently backed up my 9700 and expected just to be able to restore to my new device.  From what I have seen on the website, I am supposed to back my old phone up to the new software to transfer contacts etc., but I don't have that option.  Is there any way to use my backup from my previous desktop software?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Old bb (Bold 9700) is toast - how to "restore" contacts etc. from existing desktop software?

Hey katemaus,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

You can perform a switch device wizard using BlackBerry Link to transfer all your data from the BlackBerry Bold 9700 to the BlackBerry Q10, however the device must be operational.  BlackBerry Link can not read backup files created from BlackBerry Desktop Software.

If you have a copy of your contacts saved in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest performing a one synchronization through BlackBerry Link: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-link-import-outlook/

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.