Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
greg30
My Device: Q10

Optimizing photos and videos help

Can someone suggest the proper settings for taking photos for email sending mode? Also for video??? Of course that is an open question when it comes to video. I have experimented with different on computer programs to optimize videos, but again, what initial settings do you use to minimize these to its fullest to begin with?

I guess you could always upload to youtube and email anyone the link, but if I wanted to minimize any video of less than 50mb, is it possible to do so with any software installed on Blackberry10, or isn't there any that is worthwhile?

I used handlebrake and minimized a 37gb video file down to around , well  I can't remember what it was, but got it down to around 5 GB or less and then print to go to phone. Too bad more info isn't available on file sizes in BBQ10, as I cannot find how to do this either. From what I can find out, and I ask for more info here, youtube is best bet to do this for videos. Not sure how to minize photos unless using web setting, but again, I ask for advise on how others set these settings up to begin with, as I can surely appreciate any and all input in you longtime Blackberry users and experience. I have 3 days experience so far and not too keen on this subject either.

thanks again.

Please use plain text.