Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
vipinsachdev
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Aircell

Re: Overheating Blackberry Q10

Finally, I bought a HTC one with 32 Gb yesterday & voila it synced with in a few minutes. I will forget BBM until it is released for android in Sept & until then it is whatsapp & viber. Thank you BlackBerry for letting me go after more than 10 years but I do not appreciate the torture that I had to bear for over a month.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Funkwrite
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm still suffereing with poor battery life, and none of the strategies suggested have helped. I'm in the middle of my afternoon recharge now with a brand-new phone. I hate to think what my battery life might be like after I've used the Q10 a while. I like a lot of things about the phone, but this battery life/signal strength issue threatens to make it unusable. Does anyone have any other ideas to suggest, or should I start trying to trade off my month-old phone for something that will work? Can anyone from Blackberry say if they're working on a fix for this problem?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janetslimak
My Carrier: Verizon

I've had the overheating problem 2 times now after 2 months of use. I've followed all the 'fixes' since the first time and have found nothing that would link the two episodes to one kind of use that could stimulate the problem.  Happened again today and it's now plugged in and cool but anxious that this might be something requiring a fix from BBerry. Hope someone is monitoring this forum who is talking to the big boys who run the show! PS:  Today when it overheated, I left the battery out while at a meeting and when I returned to it, it was just as hot WITHOUT the battery installed as was the battery!  I stuck the bat in my air vent in the car till it cooled. Geeze....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theWayofthecode
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same problem with my Q10 thats why I stumbled upon this post. I don't think that it is related to the radio connectivity though. I had wifi, bluetooth, nfc switched of and very good gsm signal, but still had few incidents match

ing the description of OP.

I'm pretty sure that some software bug hogs the CPU, which explains the overheating and battery drain.

I'm searching for an app that provides information about CPU usage, and which app uses the most CPU. Something like the Linux top. Can you recommend me such an app?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janetslimak

I have no idea about aps and don't use unless from a trusted source. If you find out anything, I'd love to know. Recently my Q10 is doing a soft boot all by itself w/no prompting. I have reported to verizon. It happens with no provocation. Battery hasn't heated up too many times. Just once this month so far. Would still like to figure it out:-)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theWayofthecode
My Carrier: Vodafone

After the latest update of the OS, the devs added the Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor, which is pretty cool I must say. Since the update, I did not had the "overheating battery draining" problem (Perhaps they tracked the problem and fixed it in this update?). If the problem occurs again (hope not),  at least now with the Device Monitor I can see if there is an app that is causing the problem or not, and provide some informative feedback.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janetslimak

Phone was replaced and all is well. The charger for curve messed up battery. OS10 must have its own charger. They insisted on new phone along with replacement charger which was lost. Didn't know charger was different. New one neat cuz it has tiny lite at end that plugs into phone. Still lovin my Q10:-)
Please use plain text.