If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
laurenm
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

PLEASE HELP Q10 stuck on 'plug into computer' screen URGENT

My Q10 had not been letting me send or view text messages for  a few weeks and it had become very irritating, so I decided to restore it to factory settings.

Using the Blackberry Link, I plugged it in and it had a litle picture of a '!' but said I could select 'reload' to restore it.

I clicked reload and it came up with a screen which looked like a microchip and a loading circle, then the blackberry link said it was finished but this screen didnt go away for about an hour.

I tried to turn it off, i even took the battery out numerous times and now it is stuck on a screen which indicates that I must plug it into the computer.

HOWEVER. When I plug it into the computer, it wont do ANYTHING.

I followed some instructions posted on here about doing an update via internet so I've tried that, but when the screen comes on to say hold the top button and turn it off, my phone wont do that.

Instead it repeatedly turns off and on off (or rather, dark then red light on + usb screen) and on while I hear the annoying USB being plugged in and out noise over and over althought the USB connection is FINE.

The screen WILL NOT go away and I urgently need to be in contact with someone so this is terrible for me.

Pleaseeeee help!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: PLEASE HELP Q10 stuck on 'plug into computer' screen URGENT

Hey laurenm,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the issue: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
laurenm
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've tried to follow these instructions but the problem is that the phone will not turn off so I cannot complete them

When I hold the top button down, it does not turn off

Instead the phone alternates between going black and coming up with the USB screen continously and doing this so much that the computer sees it as being connected and unconnected over and over and wont work.

Please use plain text.
Kimphan_
My Carrier: Optus

Hi I am having the same problem have you resolve this yet?
I have google numerous methods and followed all the instructions
To the suggested solutions but none has worked
Please use plain text.