Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: POP email account on Q10

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If you're setting up the Telus POP/IMAP account please use these settings as it is a known issue:

• Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.telus.net
  • Port: 587

Note: Remove the SMTP Username and SMTP Password if they populate.

If the issue still occurs then we will need to gather logs from the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone and I highly suggest contacting your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.

I appreciate your patience.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcklee
My Device: 9810 torch
My Carrier: Telus

Thank you HarMan, but that is just a very basic doc, doesn't help at all.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcklee

Hey Krypto,

The "auto-open" emails problem only happens on email accounts that bear our own domain name, my yahoo not hotmail had that problem. And it turns out happens only when the email accounts set up under IMAP. So, please advise everyone who use their own domain named emails set up their accounts under POP.

My other issue was email cannot set through cell network when I was connected on wi-fi network. That doesn't seem to have any solution at all. I am currently using an "universal" outgoing setting from my ISP. My Telus setting just never send when I am connected to wi-fi. I am totally shocked when the Telus tech support told me that Blackberry no longer use their email servers to send emails (which is the reason why we had such a great email stablility), and are now using other carriers' email server, why would they give up on something they build their clientele on?! 

Anyway, my email problems are not fixed. Thank you for all the help everyone had contributed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcklee

Hi ViciousFerret,

What you had there was not the same issue I had. That was already the setting I used. Problems still there.

Aviod it altogether now, using different settings, thank you for your input.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ulrika1624
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Oman Mobile

Hey..
I just purchased the Q10. I have a different issue. I have added 12 email accounts, and a while ago all emails were deleted and inboxes cleared. Why? And how? Please help?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ulrika1624
My Carrier: Oman Mobile

Not only were email inbox cleared, but the complete call list and sms texts also vanished! Why!?!
Please use plain text.
TheWarden54
My Device: Q10 and 9900
My Carrier: Fido and Telus

Has anyone figured this issue out? My wife's phone is a Q10 withy fido and she use to have a blackberry curve and since upgrading to a Q10 her telus email hasn't worked properly. There is no problem with receiving emails. The issue is when she is on the fido network it won't send emails. If its hooked up to wifi it sends but not from the fido network. I have phoned fido and they don't have any answers.... I have searched the net and haven't been able to find anything better than this link and it didn't work. Help please.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello,
Is she using any messaging apps? If yes is she able to send? If not I might have an idea. I had similar problem and the solution was to enable apn. You can give it a try, sometimes the network providers want it enabled. Call them and ask them for an apn settings such as username and pasword.

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lynniebob
My Carrier: Rogers

Did you ever figure this out? 

I have a new Q10 & am so disappointed. I cant set up my work email that is on a POP3 server. It shows the server is not repsonding & I know it is online

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lynniebob
My Carrier: Rogers

PS I am on the rogers network not TELUS

Please use plain text.